Wacky crooked coop

One of my friends did a swap for some SFH eggs and our chicks (straight run) will be much less expensive than that... Is there anyone in your area that will incubate eggs for you? Eggs can be gotten from other bird owners other than the original folks who imported them. I think highly of the original hatchery, but I guess my long-winded point is that you CAN get them other places, cheaper. If you have an incubator, you could give it a shot yourself. Just put up a "Wanted" add for SFH eggs. Apparently the roos (if you get some) are very easy going, but if you can't have roos, they probably would not be hard to re-home.

We can have roo's but we would be keeping them for eggs, so spending almost $80 and getting no hens, or even maybe just one, wouldn't do us a lot of good! lol! (We don't have space for more than maybe 6 chickens max.) I could get an incubator or see if one of my several friends that has chickens could do it, but I highly doubt anyone even remotely close to me would have those eggs...I can definitely check around though...and that is something great to keep in mind. :) Thanks!

Absolutely LOVE the coop! Had to smile when I read he's a props crafter as I work at a performing arts center so see lots of sets and props. That chicken coop is right up there with some of the best "props" I've seen! 

Would love to know what his inspiration was. Fun house? Dr. Seuss? I get a real Dr. Seuss feel from it. Green Eggs & Ham, anyone?  :D

Can't wait to see pics of the final product. 

Oh, they do all sorts of crazy thing for Playhouse. 8' tall lawn flamingos, welded an entire phone booth out of aluminum, built s chair that had a collapsing back so it would fit onto the lift and could disappear under the stage ( we don't have a fly, so everything is on lifts for scene changes).

I think it looks a little Dr. sues as well, but the main reference is from here.

http://www.danielswoodland.com/playhouses.php

Between the storms and my six year olds birthday we did not get much done today. But we did sneak out and out up one side. We also threw on a tarp to help with the weather proofing. Hoping to trim the sides tomorrow and then start getting the roof on. Might start painting the inside while my man trims things out. :)

We were discussing a dormer for one side and a stove pipe chimney for the other.
He has a pirate obsession. We do some pirate re-enacting. It is his excuse to have a canon
wink.png
not to mention a whole closet full of pirate clothing. All hand made. Frock coats. Leather hats. Baldrics and swords. Etc.

I have gone a couple years to the Pirate Festival here...they actually do a battle with real ships in the river..with cannons! I've always had fun and awesome food there.

We can have roo's but we would be keeping them for eggs, so spending almost $80 and getting no hens, or even maybe just one, wouldn't do us a lot of good! lol! (We don't have space for more than maybe 6 chickens max.) I could get an incubator or see if one of my several friends that has chickens could do it, but I highly doubt anyone even remotely close to me would have those eggs...I can definitely check around though...and that is something great to keep in mind. :) Thanks!

Not really close...but Lady Faeden on here has them and she ships. They are reasonable.

I have gone a couple years to the Pirate Festival here...they actually do a battle with real ships in the river..with cannons! I've always had fun and awesome food there.

We do a pirate festival in FL every year. It is a lot of fun. It is a shame Oregon is so far away. :( I am always up for checking out other festivals.

Yeah. It is awesome. My husband would like to do something like that. But does not know how to bend the wood planks for the bow without a whole bunch of expensive equipment that we do not have access too :(. So plan B is to just make it look like it is made from parts salvaged from a wreck.

Back
Top Bottom