STEPHANIELAUREN

♥ Hatchaholic ♥
13 Years
Jun 19, 2009
Fort Myers, Fl
34813_img_1157.jpg

34813_img_1141.jpg

34813_img_1140.jpg

this is teddy shes 4 1/2 to 5 mos old ive always thought she was a pullet because she got all of her feather faster than the roos i had in the same order and her comb has always been paler and small but now im noticing some iridecent green in the black on her tail feathers and her comb is getting red and she sounds like a hen please say shes a hen =/

Last edited:
If she's 4 months or older and her comb is just now getting bigger and redder then she's probably a week or two away from laying eggs. I'd say you're OK.

She would have been crowing by now if she was a he, plus a really big comb.

oh thank goodness i cant have anymore roos lol but shes still so small way smaller than my other cochin hens, maybe shes just a runt?

Sorry Riderbabe it is Partrige Cochin boy-look at this black brest and I think he is growing sadle feathers

Quote:
I thought the featers looked a bit fuzzy in the picture and I couldn't see any definite pointy ones.

If he's 4+ months old then why no crowing??? Also at 16 weeks my roo had a HUGE comb and big wattles - I'm just not seeing a roo in the pic.
I say wait for an egg
lol.png
but ya never know.

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought the featers looked a bit fuzzy in the picture and I couldn't see any definite pointy ones.

If he's 4+ months old then why no crowing??? Also at 16 weeks my roo had a HUGE comb and big wattles - I'm just not seeing a roo in the pic.
I say wait for an egg
lol.png
but ya never know.

thats what i thought! he/she hasnt even made an attempt at crowing yet and my other roos from the order had wayy bigger red combs and wattles so i could tell they were roos i guess teddy here is just slow in developing
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom