waiting for eggs in the mail

It always takes longer for a package to arrive from up,and down the East coast for some reason.I have always gotten packages faster from Ca.,etc.. Cross country.Don't know why.Airmail cross country instead of by land up,and down the East Coast??????
idunno.gif

Same here .........5 days via priority mail on some eggs. Called PO and they said they were swamped and as Priority mail does NOT guarantee delivery within 3 days we're up the creek folks. And forget about insuring eggs, they do not.....period. (gota love those auction adds which say they insure within the shipping price) I tossed out 7 scrambled eggs upon candling last night. I am dissapointed but took the risk.Only one was Ok. Then another shipment tossed 3 out of 4.
The slow handling & cold are making for bad shipments right now till after the holidays I'm afraid. I'm sitting tight from now on.
sad.png
I never had such experiences with shipped eggs. Been lucky I suppose.

Well, I just found out that the Ohio eggs haven't even shipped. My ameracaunas. (no more ebay eggs for me.) and the Fla eggs shipped Tuesday instead of Monday.

I hope to have them all snuggled into the bator by tomorrow night.
The 10 BO's that arrived intact have a 2 day headstart. (My little Texas eggs...wonder if they'll crow with an accent).
smile.png

Yay! Thanks Lisa.

You wouldn't believe the mess I've gotten myself into with this ebay guy. I asked for a refund since it'll be too late to get those eggs going with these. He's now threatening me. I left negative feedback after his first threat that he'd fly to my house and take care it in person. After I left feedback he called me a B*#tch and said now I'll be getting only one egg. I'm not responding to his emails and I've reported him to ebay. I will never buy eggs from ebay again. I would encourage anyone shopping for eggs on ebay to check the seller's feedback first. Especially "chickenplayhouse".
I was much too trusting. I need to remember that all egg people aren't bycers.

sorry to hear about your luck. hope you get your eggs soon. the mixed eggs i pick up from that lady all except two are devoloping. (the silkies) hopefully you can get all these eggs in and get a good hatch and start on the next ones.
wink.png

btw if you have to go to post office today... drive careful.

Back
Top Bottom