Waiting for my new geese....

nutmeggie

Songster
11 Years
Apr 14, 2008
Northern Michigan
Okay so the waiting is killing me. My two new Sebastopol geese got shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow morning. I am so excited about them!! These will be my first birds. I stopped by the post office today to 'check in' with them about my geese coming tomorrow. They said the first truck gets there about 5:30 in the morning. They said they don't normally call right away because its too early for people. I said I didn't care just call as soon as they get there I don't care how early it is. I want them!!! They said they are exspecting chicks tomorrow also.
I will add pictures of them once I get them I just had to write this because I am beyond excited about them!! I had wanted to get two sebastopol geese and looked everywhere for some but could not find any. I had given up and decided to get ducks instid since I couldn't find the geese I wanted. I was looking at things here on BYC and found Crystal (Broke Down Ranch) who said she had a couple extra if I wanted them. (Thank you again Crystal!!!)
So now I'm playing the waitng game!! It will be a long day tomorrow.....

Where did you get yours ? Mine (two adults now)are from Holderreads. We just had our first hatch of five babies! And my didg camera is lousy so I can't post pics yet. Have to wait until my son comes over with his good camera and takes some! Anyone now how to sex them?

You will have so much fun. I just
love.gif
my geese!

I feel your pain... my turkeys were shipped Monday and I am playing the waiting game. I called the PO to remind them to call on arrival - and they have called me at 2 AM before.

Hope your little ones made the journey safely! I know you will love them.

She got them both from me. One looks like it will be real curly while the other is not so much but you can still see along the top of the shoulders the feathers have that loose look to them so as they grow they should be curly - maybe not super curly but not flat and smooth either......

I just checked USPS and the most recent news is from last night - they are in her neck of the woods so she should be getting them this morning (if she isn't on her way there now). Crossing my fingers they made the trip OK as they were pretty stressed by being put in the box.....
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom