Waiting for my order from My Pet Chicken (Meyer) - No Word Yet

Evergreen160

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jan 2, 2011
Foothills of Colorado
I ordered 6 chicks from My Pet Chicken (Meyer Hatchery) quite a while ago and they were suppose to ship last night. Just looked at my order again and it does say that they will ship via USPS express mail which I believe is overnight. Just called my post office and they don't have them yet. My postal office is just outside of Denver so I would think that they would receive them quickly. Any thoughts? How long have you waited for your order from My Pet Chicken (hatch day to delivery)? I'm starting to think that it is really ridiculous that they don't provide a tracking number.

I believe based on their website that it can be any time from Tuesday to Thursday that the chicks arrive using express mail. Given that Denver is far, I'd guess tomorrow.

Once you get the tracking number on usps they should list a date they should be there by, Express is not overnight shipping, I live in mn and my order from Meyer, they hatched on a Monday and I got them Wed morning. Express is 3 days or less.

Me too! Me too! Mine are somewhere in the mail, I presume! I'm in Ca though, so you might get yours first. I did go on the USPS website and typed in the Ohio zip code, and my zip code, and date of ship, and it said if they shipped on the 23rd by 4pm, they should be here today by 3pm!! I hope that is true!! But, so far no phone call and it's 12pm now.
sad.png
So, I'm just anxiously waiting with my phone in my pocket!!! I can't believe they are finally coming!!

dancingflower: I did the same thing at it told me that they would be here before noon! Guess not though since it is 2pm now.

vjbakke: My Pet Chicken doesn't give out the tracking numbers. So annoying!

Thats interesting about USPS express mail. From what it said on the USPS website it seemed like express was overnight. Hoping for an early morning call tomorrow!

Last edited:
Meyer Hatchery and My Pet Chicken are 2 separate companies. I have heard that Meyer supplies some of MPC's chicks, but I think they use others too. Whenever I order from Meyer that give me a 2 day window for delivery. I usually get mine the next day, but I live just 5 hours from them. Just call them or go online to whichever company you ordered from and they should be able to give you a date.

Hi!! I JUST received my order from MPC today! I live in GA, though. I as expecting to get a call from the post office and they were delivered a few hours ago.

Me too!! They showed up shortly after I posted above!! I was surprised I didn't have to go pick them up!! I am thrilled!!! They are all doing great!! Going to town on their grogel!! All 4 arrived safe and sound in less than 24 hours with a still warm heat pack! Yay My Pet Chicken!!

Glad you got yours. I'm still waiting on mine from Meyer's that should have hatched yesterday. My post office said they'd call when they arrived. I'm assuming mine will be here tomorrow though. It is very annoying that they don't give out tracking numbers.

They better not send them out with my carrier. He's an idiot and they'll likely die if he gets his hands on them. You should have seen what he did to the boxes of school books he delivered to me today!

Back
Top Bottom