Waiting for my order from My Pet Chicken (Meyer) - No Word Yet

Wow! I'm surprised to hear that west coast folks received their order! Our post office is suppose to call since we are on a rural route but who knows, maybe they will just show up! We don't usually receive our mail until around 5pm (its 3pm now). So thankful that it is very warm today!

I received mine today, but they said yesterday it would be wednesday or Thursday. Totally was surprised when the post office called today and they were here!

Got my chickens this morning! They all looked great but 1 seemed to be a runt and was half the size of the others. She seemed to be doing well but died a few hours later. The rest are looking great! How are everyone else's chickens doing?

Yay Evergreen160! I'm glad you finally got your chicks! I'm sorry you lost one. What breed was she? I have a little Salmon Faverolles who seemed a bit smaller when I got her, and sleepier than the others, but she is doing well, and starting to be a bit bossy with the others. I am so happy with them, but nervous too, since 3 of them had pasty butt yesterday. I gave them a bit of yogurt and boiled yolk mixed with their crumbles and I am much happier with their poops and their bottoms today. Have yours had pasty butt? They also seem to prefer the temp around 90 instead of 95. Have fun with your chicks!!

My chicks came from Cackle Hatchery - Missouri - I live in Washington state. Mine were shipped USPS Priority mail and with the tracking number I could follow where they were at each step along the way - My Post Office called me at 6:30 in the morning with peeping packages. I'm still amazed at the small size of the box 26 chicks were shipped in and that all of them arrived active, healthy and unaffected by their journey. I watched a YouTube video on the process these little cuties go through when they are hatched in a big hatchery. It looks kind of grueling - they have got to be tough - but what a joy!! Be patient - carry your phone and soon you'll have your darlings!!

I got 4 chicks from mypetchicken last week. I also expected them to be here Tuesday (I live in RI) even though the website says not to worry until Thursday afternoon. I got the call from the post office around noon on Wednesday :) On their website it says that they post tracking numbers when they get them but by the time they get the # from the post office it is usually useless because they ship so quickly. I read someone else's comment too that if you call and ask MPC they will give you the tracking number. So if people are worried in the future maybe try giving them a call? I was happy with them, picked up my chicks on Wednesday afternoon and they were all doing great! At this point they are 10 days old and seem very healthy and happy :) I think we all just get anxious waiting for our babies to arrive, haha! (and they never did post a tracking # on my account, so I guess you would have to call to get it if you were really worried)

Oh, I should also mention that I had put "will not accept substitutions" when I placed my order but they were nice enough to call me anyway to let me know they didn't get enough of one type of chicken (NJ Giant). They asked me if I would want to choose another and gave me quite a list of options. I was so happy they called and asked because I was able to pick something else (GL Wynadotte) and still get the chicks when I was expecting them (instead of having to wait who knows how long for them to get all 4 types I ordered)! I had only checked no substitutions because I didn't want a replacement that wouldn't do well in this climate or meet the criteria I was looking for. They gave me all options that were cold-weather hardy and I had a long conversation with the girl while trying to decide what else to pick. Overall, what I'm trying to say is...I was very happy with MPC! Sorry for being long winded! Haha

Back
Top Bottom