Waiting for new babies

ziggywiggy1

Chirping
Apr 23, 2021
My new salmon faverolles shipped from Cackle on Wednesday so now I get to patiently wait for them to arrive. I ordered 3 hens and 1 roo to add to my 3 silver laced Wyandotte ladies. Brooder is ready and Ive alerted the post office now all i can do is stare at the updates. :D I got a maddeningly vague “in transit to next facility“ as my only update today.

Anyone get weird delivery messages with their chicks (like where they were delivered) it’s saying they were delivered to a PO box in mobile AL, like 2 hours away :( I’m waiting for the local post office to be open to I can call them and find out what’s going on. I guess if they are there I’ll try to reach out to the ones in mobile and ask them to give them some water?

@ziggywiggy1 ,I Noticed You Can't Trust The Usps Tracking At All. They Hardly Ever Update It , I Got My Notification Email AFTER I Had Already Picked Up My Chicks. That Is Probably The Last Place They Scanned The Babies & Have Yet To Update Their Location. Please Let Us Know When Your Chicks Arrive.

Not the outcome anyone wants, my poor little chicks were DOA. We tried putting them under the heat lamp anyway in case they were just too cold but no response after more than an hour 😞 They were all splayed out, not huddled together who knows what they encountered on their journey.

Back
Top Bottom