Waiting for the doctor to call! (UPDATE, pg. 2)

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I saw the kidney doctor in Hot Springs yesterday. They are trying to figure out why I have had 9 right kidney infections since the beginning of the year, why I'm losing roughly a pound a week, and why my right kidney hurts all the time. The doctor did some tests in the office and then sent me for an ultrasound. I was lucky to get the ultrasound the same day so we wouldn't have to make a return trip to HS. The ultrasound technician took about 20 pics of my right kidney, but only 6 each of my left kidney and my bladder. She said the radiologist would read them yesterday and my doctor would have the report today.
No call from the doctor today. I'm telling myself that he's waiting on the cytology report (I think those take like three days) before he calls me with all the info., but still the waiting is driving me crazy!
barnie.gif

Vent over. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Oh dear...I hope that he gets back to you as soon as reasonably possible (to get test results back). I can't say that I hope you're just fine as it's obvious somethings up with them, but hopefully they'll know what it is via these test results and get you all back to good!
smile.png

heres wishing/hoping praying you get the news soon so you're not in so much suspence and more than likely stress too! *HUGS*!
Niki

I hope you are able to find out something really soon so that the doctors can start treating the problem. Waiting for test results is so nerve-racking!

Best of luck!!

I've had 2 kidney infections in my life....I'd never wish that pain on anyone and peeing blood is painful in itself. I got almost cronic bladder infections, though for the past few years they've pretty much stayed away, my only change was any sense of discomfort, I CHUG cranberry juice, as well as much water as I can.

Your symptoms sound very different from just normal kidney infections though with the losing weight so rapidly....so im very concerned for you!

Quote:
Yeah, my primary doctor (well she's actually a nurse practioner) told me earlier this year to start taking AZO Cranberry, basically cranberry juice in pill form. I can't tolerate them on my stomach. Cranberry juice I do love though and drink tons of it. The one product AZO has come out with that I do love is the home test kits for UTIs. With all this kidney pain I'd be running to the doctor every day thinking I have a kidney infection. Now I do the test at home first to know when it's time to go to the dr.

I REALLY feel your pain. My fiance had a prostate biopsy last Thursday (when they do that, it's almost a given) and our follow up isn;t until the 13th. I really hope you hear by the time I post this.

Back
Top Bottom