waiting is the hardest part ...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by TwoChicks, Aug 26, 2010.

1. TwoChicks

TwoChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2010
    Greer, SC
    My girls were 23 weeks when they started laying, and it was only two EE girls.

The rest of my non-bantams at 25 weeks (golden campine, GLwyandottes, delaware, light brahma, partridge cochins, black australorps, red sexlilnks?) are not even laying yet. VERY frustrating!

Then I have 5 bantams (silver and golden sebright, silkie, silver duckwing??, mille fluer d'uccle) are 21 weeks old and no eggs. Sigh .....

At least I'm getting one pretty green and one pretty blue egg a day. I *almost* have a dozen! Hopefully, that benchmark will be today. [​IMG]

2. Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    South Carolina
    The waiting gets easier once you have some laying. [​IMG]
    But I think we all want them to ALL lay an egg once in awhile!! [​IMG]

3. EggsForIHOP

EggsForIHOP Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    TEXAS
    I'm sending positive thoughts your way! At 20 weeks we FINALLY got our first egg (that was last week) and now we are up to a total of THREE this week - that's from our bantams! SO...You MUST be RIGHT BEHIND ME! Here's my good luck and positive thoughts passing on to you....MAY YOU HAVE A TINY EGG IN THE AFTERNOON OR MORNING! Also, CONGRATULATIONS ON THE EE EGGS!!! We haven't had ANY of those yet! You cross your fingers, I'll cross mine, and then all we can do is wait... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by