Waiting on my first MyShire eggs!

View attachment 2771716
They're here!!! Just letting them settle and debating if I should try the hydrogen peroxide spray down or not.

My husband said exactly what I thought he was going to say "I thought you said no more?" šŸ˜‚ So I responded that they should be considered my late Bday present because I technically didn't get any gifts. He said I should hatch some more then, because he forgot that he had forgotten to get me anything this year šŸ˜‚ then he said "soooo many birds, there's just so many birds". I just about died laughing. But, I do have to build another pen now... And I should probably sell some breeding trios, I have about 30 Rosettas and that's a lot of the same color.
x2 no reason to try and spray them and due to the season, pop them right into the incubator......

View attachment 2771716
They're here!!! Just letting them settle and debating if I should try the hydrogen peroxide spray down or not.

My husband said exactly what I thought he was going to say "I thought you said no more?" šŸ˜‚ So I responded that they should be considered my late Bday present because I technically didn't get any gifts. He said I should hatch some more then, because he forgot that he had forgotten to get me anything this year šŸ˜‚ then he said "soooo many birds, there's just so many birds". I just about died laughing. But, I do have to build another pen now... And I should probably sell some breeding trios, I have about 30 Rosettas and that's a lot of the same color.
Hahaha thatā€™s what my husband said today when I told him Iā€™d set quail eggsā€¦ā€just what we need is more birds! Where are they going to go?? We donā€™t need any more COOPSā€ šŸ˜† I may not keep many of them, but I really wanted to try out my new bator!

View attachment 2771716

I would not hydrogen peroxide them.
Eeekkkk

View attachment 2771716

My hubby sometimes makes side comments about me spending more time with quail than doing anything else, but he understands that since I donā€™t work because I take care of the kids, and with the talk of more shutdowns this year, we are homeschooling again. This ties me to the house everyday, all day, so I need a hobby. Itā€™s relaxing and gets me outdoors more. With the exception of some carrying and heavy lifting, I do it all myself, build the pens, clean them, feed them, sell them, etc, so it doesnā€™t really affect him in the day to day, he does complain my stuff is more work to mow around hahaha.

We often donā€™t do much in the way of birthday or anniversary gifts, we give each other stuff we want, when we want them, not unwanted stuff just to have something to give on a highlighted calendar date. Last year when I ordered snowie eggs, hubby bought me the brinsea 56 ovation with all the bells and whistles, in October or November, as a Christmas gift. This year, after hatching the K dale eggs, he suggested I keep the black one in a breeding group inside, for fear of something happening to her outside. The real gift is his tolerance of my obsession. This year Iā€™m gonna order him the tshirt from Myshire that says something like ā€œI work to pay for my wifeā€™s quail obsessionā€.

I want chickens so badly, weā€™ve been talking about moving to Florida and buying land so I can Garden year round, raise quail and chickens, and just be able to do all the stuff I want to do. Today I bought 4 new container plants, I donā€™t want to plant more stuff in the yard, since Iā€™ll have to leave it behind if we move. He always says, some ladies like expensive shoes and jewelry, he gets a bargain with me, I like cheap plants and small birds. I have a friend who gets various plants and chickens in place of forgotten holidays. This year she ordered a persimmon plant and has set off on a personal mission to make Memorial Day the ā€œnational persimmon holidayā€.

Back
Top Bottom