Waiting on my first MyShire eggs!

I would not hydrogen peroxide them.
Eeekkkk
There's a patented process that has been very successful, I read the studies. I've had two shipped eggs explode so far this year (even after candling for defects so I assume it had to be contamination), so that was my main concern when considering trying it. I was planning on trying it on my HG eggs since we've had do much rain and most of my eggs have been muddy, bit I just keep ordering new colors instead 😆

There's a patented process that has been very successful, I read the studies. I've had two shipped eggs explode so far this year (even after candling for defects so I assume it had to be contamination), so that was my main concern when considering trying it. I was planning on trying it on my HG eggs since we've had do much rain and most of my eggs have been muddy, bit I just keep ordering new colors instead 😆
I would not try it...ever.

My hubby sometimes makes side comments about me spending more time with quail than doing anything else, but he understands that since I don’t work because I take care of the kids, and with the talk of more shutdowns this year, we are homeschooling again. This ties me to the house everyday, all day, so I need a hobby. It’s relaxing and gets me outdoors more. With the exception of some carrying and heavy lifting, I do it all myself, build the pens, clean them, feed them, sell them, etc, so it doesn’t really affect him in the day to day, he does complain my stuff is more work to mow around hahaha.

We often don’t do much in the way of birthday or anniversary gifts, we give each other stuff we want, when we want them, not unwanted stuff just to have something to give on a highlighted calendar date. Last year when I ordered snowie eggs, hubby bought me the brinsea 56 ovation with all the bells and whistles, in October or November, as a Christmas gift. This year, after hatching the K dale eggs, he suggested I keep the black one in a breeding group inside, for fear of something happening to her outside. The real gift is his tolerance of my obsession. This year I’m gonna order him the tshirt from Myshire that says something like “I work to pay for my wife’s quail obsession”.

I want chickens so badly, we’ve been talking about moving to Florida and buying land so I can Garden year round, raise quail and chickens, and just be able to do all the stuff I want to do. Today I bought 4 new container plants, I don’t want to plant more stuff in the yard, since I’ll have to leave it behind if we move. He always says, some ladies like expensive shoes and jewelry, he gets a bargain with me, I like cheap plants and small birds. I have a friend who gets various plants and chickens in place of forgotten holidays. This year she ordered a persimmon plant and has set off on a personal mission to make Memorial Day the “national persimmon holiday”.
I am in a very similar situation, we have always homeschooled, with the exception of my first born going to most of the year in kindergarten (it was a horrible experience, and changed my mind about high level, high pressure private schooling. I thought I was doing a good thing getting her into a prestigious college preparatory, it traumatized her 😕).

There's nothing quite as nice a real support from you partner! ❤️

I am in a very similar situation, we have always homeschooled, with the exception of my first born going to most of the year in kindergarten (it was a horrible experience, and changed my mind about high level, high pressure private schooling. I thought I was doing a good thing getting her into a prestigious college preparatory, it traumatized her 😕).

There's nothing quite as nice a real support from you partner! ❤️
We did the same, my daughter fit in at private school like a fish to water, my son however, every kindergarten day ended with me having a meeting with the teacher, telling me indirectly she thought he needed meds to be able to fit in. He got thru half kindergarten before covid shut us down and the rest of the year was a joke. He learned nothing, couldn’t read the most basic sight words, the home school work the teacher sent home was mostly coloring letters and other nonsense. We homeschooled last year and he caught up and ended the year ahead of what he was expected to learn. He will start next years homeschool in the top reading group instead of the bottom. They want to go to school, they’re lonely, but they learn so much more at home. If they act up or don’t do a paper, they sit at their desk until it’s done. If we finish dinner and they get back to work and don’t finish before bed, we get up early and do it then, and they learned to just do it and get it over with before they let that happen again. At school, the teachers would just let unfinished school work get tossed into a folder, and as long as it wasn’t too much, it just sat there forever. We did baseball this year for some socialization, they loved the kids, but hated baseball, so I’m planning to sign them up for karate, since they mostly complained it was too hot, cold, rainy, windy etc. I think an indoor activity will be more popular with them.

But not from myshire, right???? I’ve never had myshire egg explode (I’ve had a few get weird cracks, but I pulled them way before stinky explosion)

I use hydrogen peroxide before incubation. My last hatch was 12 of 14 fertile eggs. Perhaps it would have been higher if I didn't try to help one of the birds out of the egg, but it was a judgment call. In any case, I'm happy with the results.

BTW, the patent ran out more than 20 years ago; I looked at the study and it seems like a solid "yes" for using the method.

But not from myshire, right???? I’ve never had myshire egg explode (I’ve had a few get weird cracks, but I pulled them way before stinky explosion)
No, these are my first from MyShire, and I can't rule out that I was the point of contamination either. I glove up to candle, but stuff happens.
And I am really going to get myself in trouble, I just won another auction for Pansy eggs 😅
Lord help me, I have a problem.

I use hydrogen peroxide before incubation. My last hatch was 12 of 14 fertile eggs. Perhaps it would have been higher if I didn't try to help one of the birds out of the egg, but it was a judgment call. In any case, I'm happy with the results.

BTW, the patent ran out more than 20 years ago; I looked at the study and it seems like a solid "yes" for using the method.
That's what I was thinking based off the evidence, especially in the case of imperfect eggs. There was only increased hatch rates in all but one application method, but they didn't specify that particular method. But, everything from a quick spray to 30 minutes of spraying before lockdown all yielded higher hatch rates.

Back
Top Bottom