Waiting on my first MyShire eggs!

IMG_20210729_151916.jpg

These came in today!!! This is the last batch of shipped eggs for this year. For real this time 😂 I just moved all but two of the indoor babies outside from the last two hatches, and I'm running low on space. Pansy is not feather sexable right? I was reading that it's on the same allele as black and wild type, but couldn't find anything with a definite answer on sexing by feathers.

View attachment 2777988
These came in today!!! This is the last batch of shipped eggs for this year. For real this time 😂 I just moved all but two of the indoor babies outside from the last two hatches, and I'm running low on space. Pansy is not feather sexable right? I was reading that it's on the same allele as black and wild type, but couldn't find anything with a definite answer on sexing by feathers.
I think that maybe @Nabiki is pretty good with sexing them by facial and head markings, if I remember correctly.

The pansy fees have brown heads on the males and crescents on the cheeks for females.
But that’s for pansy fee…..traditional pansy can be a bit trickier……sometimes facial markings are same but sometimes due to chocolate coloring, it’s a bit harder to tell. Sometimes you can tell by body shape and size too but only true means of sexing pansy is by vent sexing

Candled today, 7 days left for the Grau Fee, pulled 7 clears and 2 early quitters, 21 eggs looking on track as of now. 15 days left for the Pansy, pulled clears and have 26 still. Here's hoping they keep developing well from here on out!

Another fun development, I might have my first hen toying with idea of going broody 😁 She's very young so we shall see.
IMG_20210806_175310~3.jpg

So today is officially hatch day for the Grau Fee tuxedos, woke up to 5 more fluffed in the incubator (one with the bloody pip hatched fine) moved them to the brooder. I heard peeping in the incubator so I expect at least one more today, up to 16 babies in an array of colors, excited to see them feather out! Definitely a good amount of tuxedos, but I'm hoping for a few wild type too, for another breeding project. It's so hard to get a good picture with these little things zooming around!
IMG_20210813_095926.jpg

A side note, leaving shipped eggs to settle for 48 hours does in fact appear to improve my hatch rates. I think I'll keep that practice as long as eggs are still within the 10 day collection window with the shipping time. See, I'm already thinking about shipped eggs again 🤦 I really don't need to order anymore, I think I have every color I want now... For now at least 😂

Back
Top Bottom