Waiting...waiting. Meyer Hatchery and USPS

ThreePumpkins

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 5, 2014
North central Pennsylvania
After months and months of waiting and based on my past experience with Meyer Hatchery, today should be the day that post office calls to tell me my babies are in! :celebrate Only...the phone has remained utterly silent this morning: nothing, nada. :confused: I check tracking again and again...and finally got an update that they left Cleveland at 9 this morning. I was hoping to have them safely in my brooder by then! Oh the waiting!!
Tracking says delivery on Thursday...Ugh, I should have picked them up yesterday. :barnie I love Meyer Hatchery. I just hope all my babies make it here safely.
To make matters worse, my hubby's schedule got switched this week and now I won't have a vehicle to pick my chicks up the rest of the week. Why USPS, why?!? My mail lady is going to have to deliver them....more waiting.:thShe is not gonna like that.

I am in the same boat, waiting.... Last year mine shipped on Monday and I had them in the brooder (in southern Ca) on Tuesday. The USPS is terrible about scanning stuff in and out, it shows mine are still in cleveland since yesterday afternoon but I am hoping they are further along than that!

I am holding out hope that they will get here today and be under my broody mama tonight:)

Good luck

Gary

Awesome!:wee
Wish I had good news to report...
I just got an update that my chicks ventured all the way down to Harrisburg, PA. I won't get them until tomorrow. :hit Meyer Hatchery is about 5 hours from me...I am so sad that this trip is taking so long. Kinda frustrated with USPS right now.

Awesome!:wee
Wish I had good news to report...
I just got an update that my chicks ventured all the way down to Harrisburg, PA. I won't get them until tomorrow. :hit Meyer Hatchery is about 5 hours from me...I am so sad that this trip is taking so long. Kinda frustrated with USPS right now.

Somehow the post office hubs align well for me, last year it was 26 hours travel time for them, looks to be on track for the same this year. I am in a small town in the mountains of Southern California, we pick up our mail at the post office and the employees know everyone by name. My kids brought in a flyer yesterday so they would have our number. Last year I staked out the place and was at the counter as the truck backed in. I likely will start doing drive bys every 20 minutes until I see the truck....

I hope yours are managing the trip well

Gary

Somehow the post office hubs align well for me, last year it was 26 hours travel time for them, looks to be on track for the same this year. I am in a small town in the mountains of Southern California, we pick up our mail at the post office and the employees know everyone by name. My kids brought in a flyer yesterday so they would have our number. Last year I staked out the place and was at the counter as the truck backed in. I likely will start doing drive bys every 20 minutes until I see the truck....

I hope yours are managing the trip well

Gary
Is your brooder all warmed up and the broody still sitting?

We are in a small mountain town here too. In the past (in another rural town), I was able to pick them up as soon as they arrived. Not this tiny town...I have to wait to pick my chicks up when the window opens at 9 a.m. No exceptions. :hmm
My son was so upset his chicks didn't come today...I felt so bad. (We ordered them in November). Fingers crossed they come tomorrow.:fl

My mail carrier (rural) likes to look at the chicks when then come in so he offers to bring them to us. It only takes an extra hour and I don't have to leave the house.

I'm in the same boat also! :barnie My first chickens (ever!) ordered from MPC were supposedly shipped yesterday (from Meyer in OH.)

All I got was a tracking number that USPS has no updates on. It only says the label was made... Waiting for the item to be picked up!

This is the longest wait ever! I ordered them back in January!

Hope everyone gets theirs to arrive safely asap!! :fl

Back
Top Bottom