Walker's Indian Runner Tribe

@Miss Lydia - Oh no! The pictures didn't load! :/

I'll go out today and get pictures of the whole pen. Plus it's going to be 90F out there today so I've gotta set up their new swimming pool. We bought them a kiddie pool yesterday :)

@Miss Lydia - Oh no! The pictures didn't load!
hmm.png

I'll go out today and get pictures of the whole pen. Plus it's going to be 90F out there today so I've gotta set up their new swimming pool. We bought them a kiddie pool yesterday
smile.png
The Video worked
smile.png

Walkernom, love your duckies! They seem to love their new house! So cute... I love the combo of quacks and peeps lol

Sorry I missed yesterday's update, but the ducklings are now four weeks old!!

Here's some pictures of their house and run. It's still not done yet.

This is their next door neighbor,
a small miniature horse stallion named Awesome. He stays out there full time now and helps keep away predators. At first he was very scared of the ducks LOL!

Sorry I missed yesterday's update, but the ducklings are now four weeks old!!

Here's some pictures of their house and run. It's still not done yet.

This is their next door neighbor,
a small miniature horse stallion named Awesome. He stays out there full time now and helps keep away predators. At first he was very scared of the ducks LOL!

@WalkerNom Very nice setup. Is this your mini stallion he is beautiful. I am confused though do you keep your Runners somewhere other than your place. Once you mentioned your grandparents just wondering.

I am sure they are loving all that room.

@Miss Lydia - Right now we are at my grandparent's house. I may take them back home with me when I go but thats undecided. Half the ducklings are actually my grandma's (the fawn/whites and chocolates). Mine are the blacks and blues. I don't live in a place where I can keep ducks (although people keep chickens and I've seen someone with a duck). So unfortunately their permanent home is at my grandparent's.

That said, Awesome is my grandma's stallion. She breeds miniature horses (she has a big horse too) and breeds toy Australian shepherds.

@Miss Lydia - Right now we are at my grandparent's house. I may take them back home with me when I go but thats undecided. Half the ducklings are actually my grandma's (the fawn/whites and chocolates). Mine are the blacks and blues. I don't live in a place where I can keep ducks (although people keep chickens and I've seen someone with a duck). So unfortunately their permanent home is at my grandparent's.

That said, Awesome is my grandma's stallion. She breeds miniature horses (she has a big horse too) and breeds toy Australian shepherds.
I hope you get to visit often I know you'll miss them when your not there. it's nice your grandma keeps animals I am a grandma too and I love my animals.

Hey everyone, my mind is racing with ideas and projects for the duck house/pen! I'm gonna list my ideas below and if you have any ideas or suggestions, feel free to share them!

First off, I'd like to name my little duck house. I don't have many ideas though so this I'd really like suggestions for.

• For The House:
    1. Line the inside with plywood. Their house is warm but there are spaces between each board. It's pretty drafty.

2. Add a wire door. I think it would be nice to have the option to open the solid door and still have a "screen door" during the day to keep them inside the house and the cats/dogs out. Right now we are propping an old barn door up against it, which is a pain.

3. Paint it. This is of course for me but I think it would be lovely to paint the house a nice light blue color.

4. Make a sign, this would involve the name of the coop and probably everyone's name. Also I found out there is a horse buried under their pen so I'd like to have a nice memorial for her.

5. Hang a planter. I love flowers.

For The Pen:
    1. Finish putting wire around the bottom where Awesome's pen meets theirs. That's really the only place I'd worry about them getting out.

2. There is a board blocking off the back of the house, I'd like to make that a door so I could get back there if I needed to.

3. Put some decor in there. It's pretty bare so maybe if there was a log or some grasses planted in there it wouldn't be so bad. Plus that would give some shade. I already bought some zebra grass.

4. Plant a tree. There is a triangle of space between Awesome's pen, their pen and another pasture that would be perfect for a small tree. Not only would it give them shade but it would shade those other pastures too.

Outside:
    1. Do a little landscaping. I don't have a ton of space but the area could really benefit from some more plants. If the grasses don't work inside their pen I could always plant them outside.

Back
Top Bottom