Walker's Indian Runner Tribe

WalkerNom

Chirping
Mar 15, 2017
Delaware, USA

mgcUZtO.png

Since my ducks are finally here, I thought I'd make them their own thread. This is where I'll be
posting about my flock from now on. Feel free to leave comments and give them some love.
Hopefully you love them as much as I do!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

4TLYaEX.png

Home
Meet The Flock
What's Good (To Eat)?
1 Week Old Update
2 Week Old Update

Last edited:
Quick update! Everyone is doing fine, I took some pictures with my grandmother's nice camera but forgot to put them on my computer! So, I'll get those pretty soon.

Named the two fawn/whites and the last blue duck. The fawn/whites are Daisy Mae and Daphne, my grandma picked those names out. And I named the last blue duck Aurora :)

Edit: Bonus! Here's my dog Beau, he seems to like them and he watches over them!

Last edited:
@WalkerNom , ducklings are here! We lost the little Blue Swedish, unfortunately
sad.png
. I never got to meet her, but my dad said she was a sweet little thing. She just was so tired, and eventually she just fell asleep and didn't wake up.
On the other hand, the other two are doing great! Eating, drinking, pooping. Here's a picture my dad sent of everyone:

The one closer to the bottom was the Blue Swedish, who didn't make it.

Sorry for those of you who might be reading this for the second time. And for polluting your duckie thread, Walker. Yours are so cute! I love the names you picked out!

@QuackSpeak - You should make a thread for them so I can subscribe to it ;b

The tribe is doing great, I swear they've already grown!

**Disclaimer: There is a heat lamp, it's only turned off long enough for pictures.​

@QuackSpeak - It's really not that bad.

Hocus, female: Bigger black duck with white on her chest
Pocus, female: smaller black duck
Hershey, male: small chocolate
Kisses, female: chocolate with white dot on her head
Fawn/white #1, female: darker face marking.
Fawn/white #2, female: lighter face marking
Blue #1, female: slightly fluffier then the other.
Blue #2, female: not as fluffy, possibly will be the one named Disco.

It's good you can tell them apart! Mine are easy.

Duck #1 (Maybe known as Ellie): Yellow
Duck #2: Black

lol.png

hePa6pr.png

(Caution: Image heavy!)

I took some photos of the tribe in celebration of them turning a week old today! I can't believe it's already
been a week and they are growing so fast! I love them so much! Since it's a special day they
are getting some extra treats and a dip in the pool. I apologize for them being a little messy, it was
right after breakfast!

In order, top to bottom: Pocus, Hershey, Disco, Kisses, Aurora, Daisy Mae, Hocus, & Daphne!

I discovered that Aurora has a black dot on her foot, so that makes it a lot easier to tell her from Disco now! Daisy Mae
and Daphne are courageous little things, they're always the first to check stuff out. Unfortunately, that also
means they're the first to get into trouble, haha! Everyone else sort of minds their own business at the moment,
but I'm sure with a little more play time (and a little more bribing with food!) they will come around.

That's not all the pics!
You can check out the rest HERE!

Last edited:
Ok, tried a few more treats and wanted to document it (so I can remember for future reference). Ratings are out of five stars based on the reaction from my ducks.

Romaine Lettuce - ★★★★★
Blended into little pieces, minus the tough part of the leaf.

Grapes - ★★★★★
Seedless, chopped into little pieces, skins left on. If I could give it a higher rating I would, they love them!

Dandelion - ★★★★
Just the leaf and flower petals were given.

Grass - ★★★★
Only young, soft grass. Chopped into little pieces.

Banana -
Mashed. Didn't like it at all.

Zucchini - ★★★
Diced, boiled, and then mashed.

Egg - ★★★★★
Scrambled, then cut into smaller pieces. Once again, if I could give it a higher rating I would.

Bell Pepper - ★★★★
Diced and then blended into little pieces. Idk if it matters, but they were red and yellow.

It seems like the ducks don't like mashed food so next time I'll try it prepared a different way a.k.a not being too lazy to chop it up instead of blending it.

I've got some bad news, maybe?  I've noticed little Disco making a different sound than the others.  And also there are two darker spots on her that weren't there before?  I don't know if they're connected or if it's just her getting her color.  But you can hear the sound she's making here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B00mEDN30KEtY0twX2FrNmNiYk0/view?usp=sharing.

Other than that she's acting pretty normal.  Maybe she rests a little more than the others but I'm worried its a respiratory infection?  None of the others are doing it.

Edit: In the video you can see the spots.  A small one on her head and a larger one on her right side.

My blye runners have dark spots too. Just part of their coloring
And the only different noise i heard was the starts of the girl voice coming on. My runners started this really early too

Back
Top Bottom