Walker's Indian Runner Tribe

I've got some bad news, maybe? I've noticed little Disco making a different sound than the others. And also there are two darker spots on her that weren't there before? I don't know if they're connected or if it's just her getting her color. But you can hear the sound she's making here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B00mEDN30KEtY0twX2FrNmNiYk0/view?usp=sharing.

Other than that she's acting pretty normal. Maybe she rests a little more than the others but I'm worried its a respiratory infection? None of the others are doing it.

Edit: In the video you can see the spots. A small one on her head and a larger one on her right side.
@WalkerNom Is Disco a blue Runner? asking because my Blue Runners have blk on them. Maybe that is what is showing on Disco. I could only hear peeping when listened to the video.

You can try the Vet RX apply a little in their drinking water and also under her wing if she puts her lil head under there while asleep. Didn't look like any discharge from eyes or nares.

Last edited:
I've got some bad news, maybe?  I've noticed little Disco making a different sound than the others.  And also there are two darker spots on her that weren't there before?  I don't know if they're connected or if it's just her getting her color.  But you can hear the sound she's making here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B00mEDN30KEtY0twX2FrNmNiYk0/view?usp=sharing.

Other than that she's acting pretty normal.  Maybe she rests a little more than the others but I'm worried its a respiratory infection?  None of the others are doing it.

Edit: In the video you can see the spots.  A small one on her head and a larger one on her right side.

My blye runners have dark spots too. Just part of their coloring
And the only different noise i heard was the starts of the girl voice coming on. My runners started this really early too

@Miss Lydia - Yes, she is a blue runner. I figured that was what that was, but with her making the weird noise I wasn't too sure.

It makes me feel better you didn't catch on to anything strange right away. Though, it's only in the first couple of seconds in the video.

I'll have to get some Vet Rx.

Though I did give them honey water and I completely ripped apart their brooder, cleaned, vacuumed, disinfected and made it up again. In case there was anything causing it in there.

Edit: She doesn't seem to be making it all the time. When I picked her up she chirped pretty normally. At about a week and a half old, I think it's too early for ducky puberty, maybe they are happy sounds?

Her eyes and nares are bright and clear from what I can tell.

Last edited:
I hope Disco's okay! Sounds like you've been given plenty of advice..
hugs.gif
I love your treat list!

Your duckies have pretty much the same loves as ours: Grapes and scrambled eggs, lol!

@Ducks4us - OMG I'm so sorry! For some reason I didn't see your post at all :c I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you!

And really??? This early??? Oh my, I was so scared for her, and she was fine the whole time?? She's probably like, "What the heck is wrong with you, human?" Ugh, I have a tendancy to over think things (wayyyyy too much!). Thank you, that makes me feel so much better lol

@QuackSpeak - Don't tell my ducks, but I get all my treat ideas from you lol so keep 'em coming! :b

@Ducks4us - OMG I'm so sorry! For some reason I didn't see your post at all :c I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you!

And really??? This early??? Oh my, I was so scared for her, and she was fine the whole time?? She's probably like, "What the heck is wrong with you, human?" Ugh, I have a tendancy to over think things (wayyyyy too much!). Thank you, that makes me feel so much better lol

@QuackSpeak - Don't tell my ducks, but I get all my treat ideas from you lol so keep 'em coming! :b

wink.png
All they got was grapes today. Trying to teach them their names now. I called, "Ellie! Luna!" and then give them each a piece of grape. Then I increased the distance, and went where they couldn't see me (Or the grapes in my hand). They catch on pretty quick!

How is your flock doing? Glad to see that Disco is fine!

Lol no worries! And yeah a couple of mine started around a week with those noises just every now and then. It suprised me since my pekin ducklings last spring didnt start till closer to 3 weeks. But yep my runners started early:)

@QuackSpeak - That's awesome! I'm just trying to teach them to come to me on command lol I'm thinking there would be lots of confusion if I tried to get them all to come by name haha. Although I do talk to them each by their names. I feel so bad I was so busy I didn't have time to sit with them today but maybe I'll squeeze some time in later. I'm pooped lol.

They're doing good, all sleeping now. Maybe tomorrow I'll fill the bath tub for them so they can really get a good swim. Just gotta find something for them to stand on to get out of the water if they want.

I took some videos of them, I just haven't uploaded them yet.

@Ducks4us - Wow that's amazing. I guess Disco's the fastest growing then? She's the only one doing it, at least from what I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom