Walker's Indian Runner Tribe

@QuackSpeak - Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that :( At least the other ones are doing good. I had one that was lagging behind the rest but luckily "Pocus" picked up. I was so worried for her so I can't imagine how you feel.

Don't worry about posting on my thread.

Thank you
hugs.gif
I was so scared when they didn't come yesterday. I didn't think any of them would make it, on account of being in the box so long. I'm happy they did, though!! But I'm sad for the little Blue Swedish, who goes unnamed. Glad to hear about Pocus! And thank you for letting me pollute this... I am posting about my ducklings in numerous threads
hide.gif

How are your babies doing?

@QuackSpeak - You should make a thread for them so I can subscribe to it ;b

The tribe is doing great, I swear they've already grown!

**Disclaimer: There is a heat lamp, it's only turned off long enough for pictures.​

**Disclaimer: There is a heat lamp, it's only turned off long enough for pictures.​

They are soo cute! And I might make a thread, good idea. We will see..

They look happy and healthy! Congrats! Are they all yours, or are some your grandma's?

@QuackSpeak - Do it!
smile.png

Mine are the two blacks and two blues. Grandma took the fawn/whites and chocolates.

Maybe I will. Probably tomorrow, though.

Aw cute! Can you tell the duckies apart? Like obviously you can tell a F/W from a Blue, but can you figure one Blue from the other? Sorry for the confusing question
wink.png
!

Wow they have grown! Isnt it crazy! Sometimes it looked like they grew an inch over night!​

@QuackSpeak - I'm getting better at it. I can tell Hocus and Pocus (two black ducks) apart because Pocus is smaller and Hocus has a little white on her chest. I was having trouble telling the blue ducks from the chocolates because they were so close in color, at least with the light on but I've gotten a little better at that too. The blues are bigger than the two chocolates. One of the chocolate ducks has the dot on her head so she's easy and the other chocolate is the boy. Now the two blue ducks don't really have any distinctive markings and are about the same size so they are a bit hard. And finally, one of the fawn/white duck's face is darker than the other's.

@Ducks4us - I know right?! The box they came in is in their brooder and there's no way I'd be able to get them all in there again!

Last edited:
@QuackSpeak - I'm getting better at it. I can tell Hocus and Pocus (two black ducks) apart because Pocus is smaller and Hocus has a little white on her chest. I was having trouble telling the blue ducks from the chocolates because they were so close in color, at least with the light on but I've gotten a little better at that too. The blues are bigger than the two chocolates. One of the chocolate ducks has the dot on her head so she's easy and the other chocolate is the boy. Now the two blue ducks don't really have any distinctive markings and are about the same size so they are a bit hard. And finally, one of the fawn/white duck's face is darker than the other's.

@Ducks4us - I know right?! The box they came in is in their brooder and there's no way I'd be able to get them all in there again!

Woah, sounds complicated! At least you seem to know your way around them! Made the thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1164011/new-ducklings#post_18313057
wink.png

I'm thinking of starting to train them soon; I just want to see if they can. My old ducks learned to come at a whistle... As soon as we figure out a name for the black duck, we will teach them their names. Among other things
tongue.png

@QuackSpeak - It's really not that bad.

Hocus, female: Bigger black duck with white on her chest
Pocus, female: smaller black duck
Hershey, male: small chocolate
Kisses, female: chocolate with white dot on her head
Fawn/white #1, female: darker face marking.
Fawn/white #2, female: lighter face marking
Blue #1, female: slightly fluffier then the other.
Blue #2, female: not as fluffy, possibly will be the one named Disco.

Back
Top Bottom