Walker's Indian Runner Tribe

@QuackSpeak - Aww, grapes are a wonderful idea and I haven't given them any yet! How do you feed them? Do you mash them? Take the skins off? Toss them some extra treats for me ;b

@QuackSpeak - Aww, grapes are a wonderful idea and I haven't given them any yet! How do you feed them? Do you mash them? Take the skins off? Toss them some extra treats for me ;b

I cut them up really really small. And when I get tired of that because it's so tedious, then I take the skins off and mash
wink.png

I put some cut up grapes, cut up bell pepper, and a tiny amount of bread crumbs in cottage cheese. They loved it!

@QuackSpeak - I gave them some grapes and they LOVED them! I ended up leaving the skins on and just cutting them into small pieces. Also, I think my ducks are broken, they were afraid of the water haha! Eventually I got them to go in with some lettuce. Fun fact, if you're sick and tired of cutting lettuce into teeny tiny pieces, like me, stick it in a blender! I saved so much time lol.

Also, I wonder if baby food (obviously the fruit/veggie kind) would be good for them.

Edit: I'm still waiting on the photos from my grandma's camera.

Last edited:
Yup! My old ducks practically lived off grapes
wink.png
A duckie's food of choice.
Unfortunately, we have no lettuce at my house. Only spinach
sad.png
So I have to get creative
What else do you feed your little flock?

@QuackSpeak - I haven't really been giving them anything else besides young grass. We need to go to the store lol. I was going to try Kale but I forgot it at my grandmother's house. I've got zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, bananas, and oranges but I wasn't sure what they could/couldn't have so I've been holding off a bit.

Ok, tried a few more treats and wanted to document it (so I can remember for future reference). Ratings are out of five stars based on the reaction from my ducks.

Romaine Lettuce - ★★★★★
Blended into little pieces, minus the tough part of the leaf.

Grapes - ★★★★★
Seedless, chopped into little pieces, skins left on. If I could give it a higher rating I would, they love them!

Dandelion - ★★★★
Just the leaf and flower petals were given.

Grass - ★★★★
Only young, soft grass. Chopped into little pieces.

Banana -
Mashed. Didn't like it at all.

Zucchini - ★★★
Diced, boiled, and then mashed.

Egg - ★★★★★
Scrambled, then cut into smaller pieces. Once again, if I could give it a higher rating I would.

Bell Pepper - ★★★★
Diced and then blended into little pieces. Idk if it matters, but they were red and yellow.

It seems like the ducks don't like mashed food so next time I'll try it prepared a different way a.k.a not being too lazy to chop it up instead of blending it.

Ok, tried a few more treats and wanted to document it (so I can remember for future reference). Ratings are out of five stars based on the reaction from my ducks.

Romaine Lettuce - ★★★★★
Blended into little pieces, minus the tough part of the leaf.

Grapes - ★★★★★
Seedless, chopped into little pieces, skins left on. If I could give it a higher rating I would, they love them!

Dandelion - ★★★★
Just the leaf and flower petals were given.

Grass - ★★★★
Only young, soft grass. Chopped into little pieces.

Banana -
Mashed. Didn't like it at all.

Zucchini - ★★★
Diced, boiled, and then mashed.

Egg - ★★★★★
Scrambled, then cut into smaller pieces. Once again, if I could give it a higher rating I would.

Bell Pepper - ★★★★
Diced and then blended into little pieces. Idk if it matters, but they were red and yellow.

It seems like the ducks don't like mashed food so next time I'll try it prepared a different way a.k.a not being too lazy to chop it up instead of blending it.
You want to come here and do this for mine?? Sounds like a nice salad bar.

@Miss Lydia - Haha, believe it or not I would! I'm just infatuated with ducks now, what's a few more??? Of course, these are the treats that I've tried since I got them. Not all at once. But, they are still spoiled rotten.

@Miss Lydia - Haha, believe it or not I would! I'm just infatuated with ducks now, what's a few more??? Of course, these are the treats that I've tried since I got them. Not all at once. But, they are still spoiled rotten.
Mine love water melon I hope it is at a decent price this year so I can indulge them. They do make ones life much more enjoyable don't they.

I've got some bad news, maybe? I've noticed little Disco making a different sound than the others. And also there are two darker spots on her that weren't there before? I don't know if they're connected or if it's just her getting her color. But you can hear the sound she's making here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B00mEDN30KEtY0twX2FrNmNiYk0/view?usp=sharing.

Other than that she's acting pretty normal. Maybe she rests a little more than the others but I'm worried its a respiratory infection? None of the others are doing it.

Edit: In the video you can see the spots. A small one on her head and a larger one on her right side.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom