Wanna help decorate?

Moonwalker

Songster
12 Years
Jan 9, 2008
Washburn, MO
My boss has just leased a beautiful 2 storey brick house to use for a wedding chapel. It was originally a house built in the mid 1800's. Literally right on the Little Pigeon River, the water is down a sloping lawn to the bank. Gorgeous!
Totally unfurnished and I get to set it up and decorate.
yippiechickie.gif
(forget working there, I want to move in!)
(and incidentally generate all the forms and paperwork needed for the new system. UGH!) Oh yeah. and the website for it. So far I have spent maybe 2 hours and have this:
www.sweetheartriversideweddingchapel.com Real fun since until yesterday it was a jungle inside and out, no signs up yet AND the weather has been too gloomy to take any shot I might be able to manuver.
th.gif

Since he is always trying to avoid spending money, my budget is majorly deficient. I am looking for some cheap and easy (but not cheesey!) ideas and resources for decorating. I'll post pics as soon as I can get some. The real estate company that had the place before us left in in a mess and I have been cleaning and trying to get organized. Did I mention he just got confirmation Thursday? And expects to open this week? The sign goes up and the phones go in tomorrow!
barnie.gif

We spent a couple hours at the flea market today and picked up some nice antique mirrors and I found a gorgeous mirrored tea tray for the champagne glasses.
I am striving for refined and elegant, he is heading for tacky and gaudy.
*sigh*
I told the boys helping me with the yard yesterday ( I "borrowed" them from the stables) "It's the difference between a trailer park and a mobile home community" (East Tennessee, redneck boys, understandable metaphor...)
This is my office, the main reception room. LOVE the hardwood floors and French Doors!
0531081453c1.jpg

We can do simple ceremonies in front of the fireplace.
05310814531.jpg

I'm going to have a backdrop against one wall for photos.
There is a room that is about 25x40 that we are using for a chapel for indoor ceremonies and several nice spots outside. We already have 2 gazebos and he wants to bring the vintage Caddy Limo, his Model A kit car and the wedding carriage down for photo shoots.

Lucky you! One for getting to redecorate that and then, living in the Tennessee mountains!

I'll be back with ideas when my brain isn't in desperate need of sleep... but for now, I must say, you may wind up seeing me get married there as I've always said I'd get married somewhere in the Tennessee area near the Little Pigeon River. Many good memories on that river from my childhood.

Says the single girl who is yet to find a sucker... Er, significant other.

d.k :

* Sounds like your going for a kinda vintage/victorian look??? Is that about right?

*I* would love to keep it that way, but it will definately end up eclectic with bossmans input​

Back
Top Bottom