Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Something else....

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soon2BChixMom

Herding ducks and Wrangling chickens
Jan 8, 2017
I recently acquired these two Easter Eggers. At their previous residence, they were free ranging with a flock of about 30. The owners didn't even realize what type of chicken they were. But, they are 7 months old. The owners felt that they weren't prepared for winter so decided to find new homes for all in their flock.
My black one was referred to as "the ugly one", but I don't think she is. You should see that face in person! The lighter colored one has so far escaped from me two times luckily in an enclosed place. And, she can fly pretty well. She is a screamer too. But more reserved from what I have seen during the integration process. The black one will hide and run from my other chickens, but she will also take her chances and come out to investigate or grab a treat. She is more friendly and talkative to me as she will come near me when I am crouched down.
The phone camera is not doing them justice as their colors are much more vibrant.
The names I have been considering (black EE and light EE in the order written):
Matilda and Guinevere (might shorten to Tilly and Guine [gwen-e]).
Willow and Ginger
ZuZu and Rosabel
Something else? My other hens are named: Cinnamon, Ruby, Peaches, and JellyBean (I also have duck hens - Beanie, Mocha, and Blossom)
Thanks!
20181111_155017.jpg
20181111_155015.jpg
20181110_130348.jpg
20181110_125351.jpg
20181110_125228.jpg
20181108_160437.jpg

I recently acquired these two Easter Eggers. At their previous residence, they were free ranging with a flock of about 30. The owners didn't even realize what type of chicken they were. But, they are 7 months old. The owners felt that they weren't prepared for winter so decided to find new homes for all in their flock.
My black one was referred to as "the ugly one", but I don't think she is. You should see that face in person! The lighter colored one has so far escaped from me two times luckily in an enclosed place. And, she can fly pretty well. She is a screamer too. But more reserved from what I have seen during the integration process. The black one will hide and run from my other chickens, but she will also take her chances and come out to investigate or grab a treat. She is more friendly and talkative to me as she will come near me when I am crouched down.
The phone camera is not doing them justice as their colors are much more vibrant.
The names I have been considering (black EE and light EE in the order written):
Matilda and Guinevere (might shorten to Tilly and Guine [gwen-e]).
Willow and Ginger
ZuZu and Rosabel
Something else? My other hens are named: Cinnamon, Ruby, Peaches, and JellyBean (I also have duck hens - Beanie, Mocha, and Blossom)
Thanks!
View attachment 1587942 View attachment 1587945 View attachment 1587947 View attachment 1587948 View attachment 1587949 View attachment 1587950
The dark one looks like a Coco.
I think Priscilla would be fitting for the lighter pullet.
They are both gorgeous! So happy you found some more chickens for your flock.

Back
Top Bottom