Wanna see where I got a job??!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by birdlover, Aug 25, 2008.

1. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    http://www.coxfarms.com/Default.aspx?p=200

This
    will be the third year I've worked during the Fall Festival. They call me the chicken lady and I will be buying and taking care of all poultry, game birds and rabbits. I'm sooo excited. I just ordered some assorted bantams from McMurray and I'm going to an auction in Sept. to buy the rest.

TO ALL VA. / MD. RESIDENTS:

The farm is located near Fairfax, Va. and I always have to find homes for the animals after the festival is over the beginning of Nov. as they only bring in farm animals for the Fall Festival. The large farm animals go back to the farm they came from but the poultry and rabbits are free to a good home if any of you are interested. You could bring the family for a day of fun, check out what's there and, then, come back to collect your FREE birds/rabbits when the festival ends. I've had several BYCers take some in the past. I'll post about them on buy-sell-trade-give away when it's closer to the end.

2. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    A job doing what you like to do! Is that not what it's all about? Way to go.....oh, and by the way send me some of those free chickens after the festival![​IMG]

3. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Thanks King! Sure, I'll just drive on down to Tennessee and deliver you some chicks. No problema. NOT! [​IMG] Just talked to my boss today and he's actually putting me in charge of someone who is to do my bidding!! LOLOL Like...upgrading the brooders and pens, etc. HE is to answer to ME!!! hmmmm Maybe I'll have him install fans and auto-waterers and, shoot, why not a lounge and music??!! I think I'm going to like it this year!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Way cool Ellen!!!
    LOL!

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Oh, man! I wish I lived within driving distance! :-(

6. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Me, too, Stumpy. I LOVE meeting new BYCers. Thanks, Spotted. I don't have any chickens anymore so this will give me a really BIG chicken fix!! LOL

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  7. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

Very lucky! So Cool! [​IMG]

8. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Looks neat. Could you tell me a little more about the Fall Festival? We're in South Central VA but it may be worth the trip. Not that I need anymore chickens. lol

9. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Ellen, so glad you are doing something you enjoy so much. And I'm also very glad for the birds as they will have someone who really looks out for them [​IMG] [​IMG]
    JJ

10. Chicken Boo

Chicken Boo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Glenn Dale, MD
    Hi:

I am in Maryland and my dear husband, who has said that 8 is enough chickens for 2 people, has said that free chickens may be OK. We have room for 2 or 3 more in the coop, then we are out of roost space until I convince him to help me build a bigger henhouse. ;-)

I checked out the festival web page. We have some friends with kids that may not be too old to really appreciate the fun. Most of our friend's kids are becoming sullen teenagers who do not want to do anything too uncool with their parents.

Maybe we will see you in November.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by