Want to pick silkies out of the TSC - UPDATE - SUCCESS!! PICS Pg. 2

Sorry, we're visiting my dad this weekend and can't upload at the moment -- I will as soon as I can, though.
big_smile.png
Such cuties! And the silkies are a lot calmer than the 2 EEs -- the EEs are tiny, but little loudmouths, I can already tell.

So a dumb question, but of the 4 silkies I have this hunch that one of them in particular is a roo -- "he's" much bigger, and carries "himself" more upright and with a bit of a strut. Am I totally imagining things? I figured girls and boys would be pretty indistinguishable at this point, but this one really stands out from the other 3.

One last silkie question -- how soon can you tell if they're going to have beards or not?

Oh, I hope they are! They came from Mt Healthy, but when I called them and asked them if their sikie bantams were bearded they told me they had no idea -- depends on the egg supplier.
hmm.png
I'm glad to hear they probably are, I do love the beards.

Oops, just took a close look, and the 3 white have quite smooth chins, alas -- but the black one looks pretty bearded to me. Oh well, at least I got one.

Last edited:
Here they are!

17160_dscn0692.jpg

From left to right: Cluckina (white), Chanticleer (white), Chippy (EE), Fluffina (black), and Blanca (white). (Can you tell my kids named them?)

17160_dscn0695.jpg

Fluffina napping on her feet (Chanticleer on the far left doing the same thing). How cute!

You know, I bet you're right! I just assumed she was an EE because of the "eyeliner"..... I guess that explains why she's so much smaller than the silkies. Thanks!

P.S. Can you tell by the markings if it's a "he" or a "she"...?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom