Want to share- Pics of 9 week old Brahmas

featherfooted

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Georgia
Here are some pictures of my 9 week old Brahmas. There are Light, Dark,Buff and Black in this hatch. Plus one that is all together different. I don't know what color to call her, But I love her color. Any guess on the color?

Group picture
Brahmas424Oct07.jpg

Another group picture
Brahmas2Oct24.jpg

Cassie the odd colored one
cassiebrahma.jpg

Rocky and Elvira- Dark and Black
RockyandElvira24Oct07.jpg

Zeus- Light Roo I Keeping
Zeus24Oct07.jpg

Zeus's dad weights 15lbs. These are as big as my full grown Silkies.

Georgia

That's interesting. She's going in with my layers as she is so sweet. She loves to be in your lap and go to sleep. I wish another black had hatched. Can't wait to see their adult feathering.

Georgia

So pretty ...I have the lights at the moment and am getting some buff hatching eggs next Spring...I'm like Speckled I think she is a cross between the buff and darks...I was wondering what I'll get with the lights and buffs...thanks for posting....

I love brahmas! I noticed how red the dirt is in the Rocky Elvira pic. Is that the colour of your soil, or is that just the way it looks in the pic?

I think it's a mixture of Georgia clay, shavings, dirt and oak leaves. The Coop is under a row of oak trees so they will have shade in the summer. With all their stratching the soil is mixed up pretty well. The only problem has been the acorns, as these trees drop a truckload of them. I rake them up about once a week in the fall. Too bad it not a money crop. Wish my pecan trees dropped pecans as well as the oak trees drop their acorns.

Georgia

Back
Top Bottom