Want to share- Pics of 9 week old Brahmas

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by featherfooted, Oct 24, 2007.

1. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Here are some pictures of my 9 week old Brahmas. There are Light, Dark,Buff and Black in this hatch. Plus one that is all together different. I don't know what color to call her, But I love her color. Any guess on the color?

Group picture
    [​IMG]

Another group picture
    [​IMG]

Cassie the odd colored one
    [​IMG]

Rocky and Elvira- Dark and Black
    [​IMG]

Zeus- Light Roo I Keeping
    [​IMG]

Zeus's dad weights 15lbs. These are as big as my full grown Silkies.

Georgia

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Your odd-colored one looks like a cross between a Buff and a Dark. Pretty birds!

3. featherfooted

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    That's interesting. She's going in with my layers as she is so sweet. She loves to be in your lap and go to sleep. I wish another black had hatched. Can't wait to see their adult feathering.

Georgia

4. speckledhen

She is very pretty-looks calico! There's a good name for her, very descriptive.

5. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Very nice, I love Rocky. What a lovely assoritment of colors.

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    So pretty ...I have the lights at the moment and am getting some buff hatching eggs next Spring...I'm like Speckled I think she is a cross between the buff and darks...I was wondering what I'll get with the lights and buffs...thanks for posting....

7. elliemb

elliemb Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    I love brahmas! I noticed how red the dirt is in the Rocky Elvira pic. Is that the colour of your soil, or is that just the way it looks in the pic?

8. speckledhen

That's Georgia clay for you! Never get it in your clothes because it ain't comin' out!

9. elliemb

elliemb Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2007
    Its pretty,lol....[​IMG] people up my way pay big bucks for mulch that colour!!

10. featherfooted

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    I think it's a mixture of Georgia clay, shavings, dirt and oak leaves. The Coop is under a row of oak trees so they will have shade in the summer. With all their stratching the soil is mixed up pretty well. The only problem has been the acorns, as these trees drop a truckload of them. I rake them up about once a week in the fall. Too bad it not a money crop. Wish my pecan trees dropped pecans as well as the oak trees drop their acorns.

Georgia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by