Wanted: Celadon Egg PICTURES

So how does one recognize a Celadon egg if it isn't very blue? I ask because I was given a batch of 30 eggs to hatch out by a friend. Among those eggs are a half dozen or so that have no spots. One is pale brown like a brown chicken's egg and the others are more of a cream color... not blue but kinda green tinted... a very pale green though. Any chance they are celedon?
There’s probably a good chance that your pale green eggs carry 1 copy of celadon. All of my carriers have green/ blue eggs with varying amounts of spots. One gives kind of olive colored eggs with no spots.

Help me understand... I thought Celadon eggs were blue as a Robin's eggs? Please explain what the determining factor is for a Celedon egg.
There are a lot of people that doctor their photo's colors.

So how does one recognize a Celadon egg if it isn't very blue? I ask because I was given a batch of 30 eggs to hatch out by a friend. Among those eggs are a half dozen or so that have no spots. One is pale brown like a brown chicken's egg and the others are more of a cream color... not blue but kinda green tinted... a very pale green though. Any chance they are celedon?
Pictures?

Hatched some birds recently and they’re just starting to lay. My flock is mixed. I’m liking the looks of the new eggs.

Attachments

• A9EA9E63-F67D-4B48-8916-FFF1C209B27F.jpeg
    A9EA9E63-F67D-4B48-8916-FFF1C209B27F.jpeg
    496.9 KB · Views: 5
These are some that my girls lay. I got mine from Rising Phoenix Farm. The lady (Heather) was very nice and gave me a call when I had questions. All my girls from her are blue egg layers. Eggs are light blue (not white with a little blue, just light blue. My camera makes them a bit darker than they actually are though) with either no speckles or brown speckles. One girl lays with white speckles, which I adore, and another girl lays mat/no sheen.
IMG_20210605_160550026.jpg

I only have one blue-ish layer out of a mystery hatch. Sometimes her eggs are completely smooth, and as she's gotten older the little specks have gotten whiter in color.

P7240232.JPG

Laid by my girl Wilma. I don't have pictures of her (she's one of my scaredy-birds), but she's a Tibetan pattern with a white chin and throat. Her clutch came from Myshire.

Back
Top Bottom