Wanted: Duck eggs for Advanced Animal Class

duck&chickencrazy

Songster
11 Years
Dec 2, 2008
Indiana
Our Advanced Animal Science class is going to be hatching out eggs for the reproduction part of the class and we are going to be doing pekin. But I asked my teacher if we could possibly do a more interesting type of duck and she said sure. I was just wondering if someone could possibly help us out by sending us some FUN duck breed eggs. We will be starting the eggs and everything after spring break (beggining of april). I just wanted to get this out there to see if anyone is interested in sending some eggs for our class. I know it is a little early but oh well. I would probably need them by March 16-20.

Maybe call duck eggs

8-10 eggs would be nice.

Cheaper eggs would be nice.

These birds will find good homes to so you wont have to worry about that

Last edited:
What about Muscovies they're fun!
Thier incubation period is longer 35 days.
They are the only domestic duck that did not come from from the mallard.
They do not quack, they make a hissing type noise.
They fly and prefer to roost.

Call ducks are cute but they can be difficult to hatch.

If/when my muscovies start to lay and I can find thier eggs I would be willing to send you some.

I know you said ducks but if you would like some coturnix eggs holler...they are fun to crack open during incubation and poke at to see the development...just an idea

I'd send out 8-10 eggs from my Cayugas/Blue Swedish ducks. These could result in pure or mixed, as I have males and females of each breed penned together. I've hatched them before and had some pures and mixes. Fun and beautiful ducks. They love their water and to splash and swim in it! I could send these for $20 (incl shipping.)
Let me know?

Back
Top Bottom