wanted info on quail

Dobelovr23

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2018
I'm new to this forum and I'm planning on buying 5 coturnix 1 1:4 male to female ratio just for eggs right now but hoping I'll grow a pair and use them for meat once I'm comfortable with the incubation and hatching process cause i know I will get attached to the ones I'm buying I'm going to be housing them in a rabbit hutch this is the one I ordered. https://m.ebay.com/itm/36-Wooden-Ch...d-Hutch-Poultry-Cage-Waterproof-/252363200956
As far as feed I was considering growing my own this year along with some fruit and veggies and mealworm. I was wondering if Quinoa,, oats, sprouts, millet, cucumber, cabbage and strawberries would be a good diet along with mealworms. Also any additional things to put in their cage that they would appreciate like huts or perches if necessary i want them to be happy Any additional feedback on would be greatly appreciated !

G’Day from down under Dobelovr…. :frow Welcome!

With the research you have done you already know more about Quail than I do :p Good thing BYC has a Quail Forum which I see Pork Pie has given you a link to.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your Quail, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom