WANTED: one LAVENDER Ameraucana pullet in TX- Houston

crazy4eggsJulie

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 15, 2009
Trying to start a small backyard flock for fun, eggs, and to teach our kids responsibility!
Looking for a good soul willing to part with a single healthy LAVENDER pullet.
I know these are not as common as others, so PLEASE MAKE MY DAY!!!

Can pay a reasonable price-simply can't meet the minimum order anywhere that has them and small order hatcheries don't offer these...no incubator or broody hen for fertile eggs...need a sexed chick or older pullet.

Please help!

Lake Jackson/Pearland, TX area.

it is such a new variety that i seriously doubt you are going to find anyone parting with a single hen, but good luck!

Yes, I know. But...someone posted that there are so many wonderful people on here that are willing to help you get started.

I just want to make the need known and hopefully someone with a good heart will help me out!

Thanks!

There are few things lovelier than a Lav. But even the folks breeding them are just starting to get pures from the Lav/Split breedings so they will most likely be holding the pullets back for increasing their flocks. Its not only that they are hard to find, they just dont exist in big numbers yet. You only bet is to get an incubator and hatch some eggs that will give you splits and hopefully some pures. Members like Pips&peeps, Sara, and Shaffer would have those. Ideal has some other Lavender colored birds like Silkies you could try(but not their Lav Cochins too grumpy for kids)

I seriously doubt you will find a breeder willing to part with a lavender at this time, especially at a "reasonable price".

Breeders invest serious amounts of money into these projects and aren't going to let their first returns go cheap. Good birds are needed to increase numbers and improve upon what is existing.

I could see a breeder sharing his lavenders with another breeder, but to sell one as a pet at this point is probably not a reasonable request.

Sorry to be a bummer, but that is my opinion.

I agree, so far I only have 1 visual lavender pullet that came from an awesome blue egg, no one could pay me enough to part with her......

Back
Top Bottom