Wanted: Quilt pattern. Roman Holiday

I hate math too. That's why I have a big box of patterns in those neat plastic ziptop bags as well as Electic Quilt.
lau.gif

Yeah, where's the John Deer link?

quote=MissPrissy]And here I am trying to figure out a pattern to tastefully piece a quilt for my 2 year old who wants a 'tractor bed' = John Deere]

how about a simple block like Square in a Square , put the theme print in the center square, add an accent print for the first outside square, then add another accent solid. set them om point and you won't need so many blocks to make a kid-size quilt.

These are the John Deere fabrics I am using for his quilt.

I am not making a kid sized quilt. This quilt will be king sized for his bed.

I don't want a simple plain square block pattern.

This is the backing
jd1.jpg

This is the pillow panels
jd7.jpg

Some of this will be for the bedskirt
jd2.jpg

This is the other prints and I will add some more solids when I can match up something in the right color family.
jd6.jpg

jd4.jpg

jd3.jpg

Thanks so much ButtonQuailBoy, but that isnt the same Roman Holiday.

Angie,
Thanks for the links. Cool, I might be able to use one of those for the diamonds. Cool. I actually like the first one (diamond strips) just on its own. I havent seen many diamond patterns with the diamonds laid horizontally.
That tractor fabric is really cute. I thought that you were looking for more of an applicate pattern for a tractor. Here is the link that I neglected to put in my post:
http://www.pambonodesigns.com/SuperStore/SuperStore-Product.asp?ProductID=1117
It is from a really cute block of the month quilt that is all based on transportation. Each block is available individually for something like $1.75 each.

Chel

Ooooo, look what I found....

http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/Item--i-H-TAJ-QP

It isnt the pattern that I was looking for, but it is a nice diamond pattern that sells for less than $3. However, there also appears to be a FREE download for the pattern, as well, so I downloaded it to try out. I think that if I eliminate the "sashing" between the diamonds, then it might be close enough to what I am looking for. I just dont know if it is 60 degree diamonds/triangles, or not. Darn geometry.... Hey kids??? Where's my kids when I need math ??? LOL

Okay, Ive downloaded it. How the heck to I post a pdf file here or a text edit page here.... anyone know? Hey kids?? Again... where are my kids?
gig.gif

chel

Back
Top Bottom