Wanted: Thanksgiving Day Food PIctures 2021

Are you cooking this year?

• Total voters
This thread is making me drool a little. It's almost lunch time.

Thanksgiving used to be my favorite holiday, but now I hate them all lol. It's a time where intense guilt is laid on and I drive all over the United States trying to appease all of the family members and eat terrible quality food, well a lower quality than what I'm used to. Last year there wasn't even green beans at the MILs house. Just various types of corn products, often sweet, sugary sweet potatoes, dry turkey, lots of bread.

As for the food, we've been eating only our own farm chicken and eggs, local beef, and wild venison as our only sources of protein for two years. Not to mention our own vegetables, potatoes and corn. I've tried to convince family to come to my place every year for the past six, but nope. Doesn't happen. Just makes me sad.

Cranberry-Cinnamon-Goat-Cheese-Log-8.jpg
cae78aa8b77082a700c549972cde092e--paleo-thanksgiving-thanksgiving-dinners.jpg

12THANKSGIVING-superJumbo.jpg

gravy-mslb7039_horiz.jpg
Creamy-Mashed-Potatoes-4.jpg
garlic-herb-roasted-sweet-potatoes2-srgb..jpg

0b40605bb7f4fc0ef7e6c4b9b441ade2.jpg
cranberry-sauce-recipe.jpg
Dinner-Rolls-5.jpg

Perfect-Pumpkin-Pie.jpg

does it sound pathetic that I will be alone for thanksgiving? Yea…it does a little. My family is coming for Christmas so I’m making for all of the reasons listed. My mom thinks dessert is a little Debbie snack cake and that makes me want to barf.

This does not mean however I will be without a turkey day meal. I have a locally sourced turkey breast… beans and potatoes from the local farmer whose market I frequent. Acorn squash and my one guilty pleasure….baked stovetop stuffing. I love that stuff!

I’m also attempting pumpkin roll. Why not. Photos tbd….

HAPPY GOBBLE GOBBLE EVERYONE!!

I'm ghetto...we only have one.
😭. It's not just an over it's the stove thing too. It's one piece but the had burners on top work fine...if you use a lighter to light them. The whole unit had to stay unplugged.
We have to use a lighter to light ours too 🤣 most of the time. Sometimes they decide to work again :confused: but our oven is not underneath it. It used to be but then we got one of those double wall ones. We have only used the bottom one a handful of times. Very rarely. But both are like 20-25 years old and totally crapped out almost. I think the one has a little hole rusted through on the floor of it 😂🙈 good thing we’re moving lol the other one at the other house is relatively new and that one is under the burner. Only downside? The burners over there are electric. I HATE electric burners 😭

Why is it everyone lit their ovens with matches and played with fire and ran with sticks as kids…nothing blew up, kids learned that fire hurt if you got too close…we came home when the street lights came on because we feared our parents….

Note to the littles on this thread…do not run with scissors and do not play with matches!!! Do not place your hand on a hot stove….all of which you likely already are aware of since this is BYC and not Instagram with stupid cinnamon challenge or douse yourself with Vaseline and run through a bonfire. All stupid ideas.

I’m not sure what is happening to me right now or where this rant is coming from….ah yes the holiday stress…it’s beginning to fester.

Did I mention the stove top stuffing. There’s an upside to every rant🤣🤣

Why is it everyone lit their ovens with matches and played with fire and ran with sticks as kids…nothing blew up, kids learned that fire hurt if you got too close…we came home when the street lights came on because we feared our parents….

Note to the littles on this thread…do not run with scissors and do not play with matches!!! Do not place your hand on a hot stove….all of which you likely already are aware of since this is BYC and not Instagram with stupid cinnamon challenge or douse yourself with Vaseline and run through a bonfire. All stupid ideas.

I’m not sure what is happening to me right now or where this rant is coming from….ah yes the holiday stress…it’s beginning to fester.

Did I mention the stove top stuffing. There’s an upside to every rant🤣🤣
You're the best!

Back
Top Bottom