Wanted to share a great tip I got and use every day~

tyjaco

Songster
10 Years
May 4, 2010
Cloverdale, CA
At my old job, my boss always made this suggestion to folks who asked about portable fencing.
Keep in mind - this is NOT predator proof.

I made several of these and have been using them every single day - for one thing or another.

Use PVC pipe (there are different sizes, so pick the one you think will be strong enough for you)
Use a PVC cutter and cut 4 equal lengths (to make it square - but you can make it any shape that suits your needs)
Using PVC 'corners" push it all together to make a frame.
Now use chicken wire, or poultry cloth and wire ties (zip ties) to make a screened in panel.

When we were moving, I made 12 of these - 4' x 5'.

I zip tie them together to get an "accordian" effect. I can move them anywhere -

Oh, and you can also spray paint them green (or whatever) to blend in with your yard...

Say-y-y-y, I was just thinking about putting together an area for my hen with new chicks. They are doing Ok in with the other hens but they would definitely do better with a space of their own. I got rid of the few hens I had that thought it was OK to try to eat chickies brains, but it can get rough sometimes out there. THANKS!

eta: IT WILL NEED A TOP OF COURSE OR ALL OF THE GIRLS WILL FLY OVER AND NOT KNOW HOW TO GET OUT . ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom