Wanting opinions on Purina Starter/Grower

Quote:
I found that too and once I did, I never went back to the Dumor. My chicks and chickens poo smelled a whole lot more when we were using the Dumor. I'm thrilled that TSC is carrying the Purina brand now! It's $2 less a bag there than the other feed store I was getting it from.

I haven't read the other posts, but in my limited experience, I have found Purina to be much less "smelly" than Dumor when it comes out the other end
lol.png

I love Purina feeds, less smell and less poop!

Also for animal proteins, why not add some fried hamburger in their diet once or twice a week?

I have used Dumor several times over the last few years and never noticed any difference. I bought Layena & Dumor on Friday, as there was a coupon for each. I opened both bags to mix them together & they looked & smelled the same. The ingredients are almost identical, so how can they be different?? I usually use gamebird feed, but thought Layena won't hurt for a few weeks.

I am new to chickens but my rooster and 10 Cochin hens are 3 months old now and have developed beautifully on the Purina Starter. I plan to stick with it. I have never been a Purina fan. I won't touch their horse feed or dog food....but I am happy with the chicken feed.

Back
Top Bottom