Biddy up!
11 Years
Sep 5, 2008
VERMONT
The title pretty much describes my arrival today:

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

This is a pile of red star pullets (50) with one bearded and muffed skunk, prolly an EE cockerel. Every single chick is active and energetic. They are a very inquisitive bunch of girls. I always buy from McMurray, always happy.

Nice rainbow on the way back from the post office too but I didn't have the camera then.

I also had to integrate my lonesome two week old araucana chick, Poppy. I figured Poppy would be excited as all heck since his/her baby sitter has been either me or one of my ploddish Uromastyx lizards. Poppy was NOT happy at first with the new chicks but is now settled in and showing them the ropes.

Poppy with the Uro sharing birdseed on the deck
smile.png
:

IMG_1685.jpg

I have two six year old red stars. They lay very nicely still, extra large to jumbo brown shell eggs 5 to 6 days a week. This is an excellent egg layer and they are my quietest, least aggressive chickens.

woot.gif

Wow and wow. Love all those cuties.
love.gif
And I am not a lizard fan, but Uro is neat, esp if he took care of sweet lil Poppy. I love your Araucanas and think I will have to buy some from you in the spring if you are selling.

Enjoy all your babies! I got a box of chicks a few weeks ago and we've all been having fun with them. Thanks for sharing.

Glad for the info on the red-stars, as I got 2 with my last order... they are sweeties, even tho one of my "pullets" turns out to be a roo!

Also like my Plain "ol California Whites--- spoied as can be!! You'd think My aracaunas or Wyandottes would be the calm/friendly ones!

The lizard is very tame and even house broken. He is not a high energy being though like a chick. Normally the lizard shares seed with blue jays and chickadees so he is used to birds. Poppy never thought anything odd about him.

Uromastyx are primarily vegetarian, they are desert lizards and need high heat so he does not stay outside very long at this time of the year. He asks to go out and relieve himself and will eat some seed and clover I keep in a pot out there.

Poppy needed space to romp and sometimes would even sit on the lizard for a ride.

All the chicks are good this morning, they are so cute when all fluff! Poppy looks quite settled with them now but is considerably larger than they are. I'll try and post a pic later.

I thought that I kicked the addiction; but now I'm going to look at hatcheries again! Maybe they can send me a couple hundred chicks. ALL THAT THERAPY RUINED WITH ONE PICTURE! LOL They are beautiful! So chubby! Or maybe its the camera adding grams!

Back
Top Bottom