First Warm Day! (Image Heavy)

Delaneygraces

Certified Procrastinator
5 Years
Jan 14, 2018
Illinois
Hello! If you haven’t noticed, in Illinois, Mother Nature hasn’t seemed to have her head on straight! This past Monday, it was Snowing! And there was a good inch or two on the ground. But finally, today it was in the 70’s and it was AMAZING!! I spent some time wandering around the yard, documenting what I could! Here’s a few pictures and stories I got! Enjoy! (Caption of picture above the picture!!)
Edit:Wow. I just noticed there are a LOT of typos here :lau

Pretty birds had a nice 20 minute field trip! After being in a pen in a garage all winter, they were very happy!
BE70D140-3245-476A-B30B-10DB035E8027.jpeg

My brown reds were happy as well! They had more time, as I was taking for pictures of random things while they were out! (I don’t know WHY I thought August would be kind and let me easily catch him...)
C8EEC6E6-5B18-4346-978C-EC490BBA543C.jpeg

My birchens were much happier! They flew around, and dusted in the grass! The one hen to the left had gone broody, but left her nest a week before hatch day :( she still seemed broody though, and has that broody sound too. She seemed less broody after this, although she kept calling to the other chickens like a broody mama. Hope she comes out of it!
5FE99B10-7F45-4FD5-9C78-D6B4AE3660A5.jpeg
then there’s Devil Chicken!(His wattles aren’t to be removed, we’re reselling him, and don’t want him bloody and scabbed when we got to sale, so he even looks evil!) You cant even water this chicken without him attacking you!! He glares at you too...
CEDAD67B-427F-420C-BDF5-0CA92F9C0203.png
My Moderns are being weened off heatlamps! First night without, hopefully they can be moved outside soon!!
9E4B65C1-F57B-48BC-B05F-88DE8C0D8822.jpeg

She REALLY likes dog food!
82E10151-6C07-4DBD-9E5E-4E781705C1C0.jpeg
These chicks just got kicked out of the chick house! (The final brooder of 5 brooders they move through) and they don’t seem to know what to do! I had to round up 3 of them last night becuase they found roosts outsid eof the coop!
A7B19F7A-A2FD-4BE3-B5CC-5166CECAF06E.jpeg
August’s favorite game! Ring around the Propane Tank! His catch phrase “Catch if you can, stupid human!”
8E32808A-C278-4316-ABD7-38ED3A23B9C8.jpeg

Then there’s Toad, begging for some attention!
ABE57427-39AA-4300-8CB1-ACDC3D2C8CA0.jpeg

Pete’s mad that I yelled at him. He was stalking my chickens...
5BA51E05-2C58-4C32-8802-3EEDACCA0FF3.jpeg

Donald doesn’t like Pete, and was very aware of when he ran across the yard!
C6249CBA-C098-4276-82FB-56F7B075FCDB.jpeg

Finally, my sweet healer brothers, Dusty (blue) and Walter (red)! A rare show of affection between the two who are always arguing!
BE8B7FF7-E0F6-49E9-A834-14EC97094920.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello! If you haven’t noticed, in Illinois, Mother Nature hasn’t seemed to have her head on straight! This past Monday, it was Snowing! And there was a good inch or two on the ground. But finally, today it was in the 70’s and it was AMAZING!! I spent some time wandering around the yard, documenting what I could! Here’s a few pictures and stories I got! Enjoy! (Caption of picture above the picture!!)

Pretty birds had a nice 20 minute field trip! After being in a pen in a garage all winter, they were very happy!
View attachment 1338006
My brown reds were happy as well! They had more time, as I was taking for pictures of random things while they were out! (I don’t know WHY I thought August would be kind and let me easily catch him...)View attachment 1338007
My birchens were much happier! They flew around, and dusted in the grass! The one hen to the left had gone broody, but left her nest a week before hatch day :( she still seemed broody though, and has that broody sound too. She seemed less broody after this, although she kept calling to the other chickens like a broody mama. Hope she comes out of it!View attachment 1338008then there’s Devil Chicken!(His wattles aren’t to be removed, we’re reselling him, and don’t want him bloody and scabbed when we got to sale, so he even looks evil!) You cant even water this chicken without him attacking you!! He glares at you too...
View attachment 1338005My Moderns are being weened off heatlamps! Fiesta night without, hopefully they can be moved outside soon!!
View attachment 1338020
She REALLY likes dog food!View attachment 1338014These chicks just got kicked out of the chick house! (The final brooder of 5 brooders they move through) and they don’t seem to know what to do! I had to round up 3 of ten last night becuase they found roosts outsid eof the coop!
View attachment 1338012 August’s favorite game! Ring around the Propane Tank! His catch phrase “Catch if you can, stupid human!”
View attachment 1338016
Then there’s Toad, begging for some attention! View attachment 1338009
Pete’s mad that I yelled at him. He was stalking my chickens...View attachment 1338010
Donald doesn’t like Pete, and was very aware of when he ran across the yard!View attachment 1338011
Finally, my sweet healer brothers, Dusty (blue) and Walter (red)! A rare show of affection between the two who are always arguing!
View attachment 1338022
Quite an interesting flock you have there!

Edit:Wow. I just noticed there are a LOT of typos here :lau

View attachment 1338006
My brown reds were happy as well! They had more time, as I was taking for pictures of random things while they were out! (I don’t know WHY I thought August would be kind and let me easily catch him...)View attachment 1338007
My birchens were much happier! They flew around, and dusted in the grass! The one hen to the left had gone broody, but left her nest a week before hatch day :( she still seemed broody though, and has that broody sound too. She seemed less broody after this, although she kept calling to the other chickens like a broody mama. Hope she comes out of it!View attachment 1338008then there’s Devil Chicken!(His wattles aren’t to be removed, we’re reselling him, and don’t want him bloody and scabbed when we got to sale, so he even looks evil!) You cant even water this chicken without him attacking you!! He glares at you too...
View attachment 1338005My Moderns are being weened off heatlamps! First night without, hopefully they can be moved outside soon!!
View attachment 1338020
She REALLY likes dog food!View attachment 1338014These chicks just got kicked out of the chick house! (The final brooder of 5 brooders they move through) and they don’t seem to know what to do! I had to round up 3 of them last night becuase they found roosts outsid eof the coop!
View attachment 1338012 August’s favorite game! Ring around the Propane Tank! His catch phrase “Catch if you can, stupid human!”
View attachment 1338016
Then there’s Toad, begging for some attention! View attachment 1338009
Pete’s mad that I yelled at him. He was stalking my chickens...View attachment 1338010
Donald doesn’t like Pete, and was very aware of when he ran across the yard!View attachment 1338011
View attachment 1338022
Thank you for sharing your wonderful Springtime farm. I really enjoyed your post. It makes me think of my daily rounds. I do a limited round in the morning before work and then and extended in depth round after work. So many things to see and work on with the Spring coming in. Have to check how this or that is coming along and what can be done now and what needs to be done this weekend. Thank you for a glimpse into your life!! Precious.

Back
Top Bottom