Warm Winter Weather = Free Range Fun ~New Day, New Fun, NEW PICS Post #22

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Just for your enjoyment, some pics of my main flock free ranging in today's very warm (almost 70*) breezy weather. Isaac, my last remaining standard size rooster, will turn 4 years old next month, so no idea how much longer we'll have that sweet big guy. He's a real gem.

Click to enlarge:

And my big, sweet man guarding his women. He's been a joy his entire life.

Last edited:

This bird here! I can not pry my greedy eyes off this birds stripes.
droolin.gif
She's amazing! Love her plumage.

Last edited:
It's too bad you didn't have an equally amazing BR roo for your hen there. She is stunning!
Thanks for the compliments on Dru. She is the daughter of Dottie and Rex, if you remember Rex. I let a friend take him as his breeding rooster when I was trying to simplify things around here awhile back. He was amazing, but sadly, was killed by a poisonous snake while out on range months later. I do plan to have more of that line when Isaac has gone to that Great Roost in the Sky.

Bogtown Chick, that first hen you posted is Ida, the almost 2 year old aunt of Druscilla. The other two are Dru, who is less than a year old. I have three half sisters, Dottie, Ida and Wynette. Dru was the only one I got out of a hatch before I let Rex go live with my friend. The very first picture in the very first post I did in this thread is Dottie, Druscilla's mother.

Last edited:
Oh such beautiful birds. Your photos are EXACTLY what I want to see when I hear the term "free range". Happy chooks kicking up their feet in 2-3" of leaves. Love it!
celebrate.gif

They must LOVE flipping over all those crunchy leaves. Beautiful and healthy looking flock. Makes me jealous!

Back
Top Bottom