I have raised five chickens from hatchlings. Last night, our coop burned to the ground after the heat lamp sparked on a something. We lost all five chickens in the fire. I am heartbroken! Hopefully, our tragedy can warn others. Temperatures had dropped to -20 windchill this week in our area. Our chicks did not actually need a heat lamp...I just felt bad for them and wanted to provide some warmth. They were doing just fine in their small coop without the lamp. Please please learn from me and choose another option. We are lucky our house didn't burn down too since the coop was right next to it. Feeling horrible today!! I loved these chickens as much as any pet I have had! So sad ."