Wartlike Feature in My 4-5 Week Old Chick!!!

Nemo Reyes

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 20, 2013
Sanford,North Carolina
Well last month my hen had 8 'Chicks.....2 orange, 1 yellow, and 5I black. About a week ago I noticed a wartlike bump on the chicks face under its eye......I need to know if its curable, and what medicine is needed. Im very worried because I don't want my chick to end up blind from one eye just because of a wart.....a pic is included.!

I haven't seen that before. Could he have been pecked, and it scarred over? Maybe it is a cyst. It doesn't look like the normal swelling around an eye that a respiratory infection would cause.

Okay so i saw a change a day ago! The wart fell off but now it looks like some sort of bacteria or something might be eating away at the skin under his eye is human neosporin okay to treat this?

Neosporin ointment is fine, just make sure there is no pain killer in it, just the plain neosporin, polysporin, or triple antibiotic ointment. Posting another picture might help keep this going with more suggestions. Has there been any drainage from this cyst?

Hello to everyone who was following this post... 2 weeks ago the chick i was talking to you about passed away ..... thanks for the support but something made me feel and wonder if he had mereks.....

Back
Top Bottom