was at emergency vet at 11:30 last night pics

hugs.gif
Hope Paulie makes a speedy recovery. Don't beat yourself up over accidents happens, that why we call them accidents.

Wishing Paulie the best! poor lil guy! good thing he's got a strong mama to take care of him
smile.png

With 7 parrots and 20+ years expierence I am here to say accidents do happen.
If you can keep Paulie fed with baby food and ensure there is no infection that starts, I believe that beak
may regenerate itself. This all depends on his general health etc.
This happen to my Blue crown. I believe it was my Macaw and him fighting over a female.
My Blue Crowns beak regenerated itself. It was slow and took almost a year and several peels.
Have faith and keep him away from the too!
smile.png

Amy

Thank you so much Parront i love that i will have to share that with my friends at pheonix landing !
The vet was so kind they were more disturbed by my appearence than Paulies
ep.gif
! I was wearing a white tank and it was covered in blood as well as my hair and shoulders
sickbyc.gif
My mom and Brother were their and they were pretty upset as well
He is feeling alot better though gave him some baby food , and moistened pellets in apple sauce , he was more than happy to steal oatmeal off my spoon this morning
gig.gif

I guess this was that unexpected emergency $$$ parrot people always talk about I am glad i had it in my binder full of their info and vet records

Thank you again for being so understanding
hugs.gif

Last edited:
You are very lucky to have him still. Most cases once they start bleeding that's it for them. It's not your fault, I once had a peach fronted conure that got his bottom beak split in half by a larger parrot (before I had him) He needs a special diet but he's just as happy as any other bird. I sent him over my neighbors where he wouldn't be close to big birds. He liked peanut butter instead of peanuts. This sort of hits home for me right now because my biggest fear is Paco doing something horrible to Echo even though they are the same size. They are only allowed around each other when my attention is on them and only them. Their cages are right next to each other and Echo always tries to climb on Pacos cage and I'm always afraid of her toes getting bitten off. Once I have some help I'm going to move her cage to a different room.

Back
Top Bottom