Was given 2 Peacocks today, a Bronze BS and Seipel BS Take a look.

Joe.G

Songster
8 Years
Nov 16, 2011
Eastern NY
Today I stopped to talk to a Guy who is getting into raising Peafowl, He lives close to me and has about 100 Birds. Well We got talking and I told him how much I liked with Adult Bronze BS Male, and another Bird which he called a Seipel, he had two of them. Well he went and grabbed two boxes and put the birds in them and said here you go. I was not planning on getting any more birds and after I figured out he boxed them for me I tried to give him money but he would not take it. So Now Here are the pic's, THE Bronze BS is a Yearling I guess and the Seipel must be about 2 or 3 I guess.

Ha wow now that is a find! Two free peacocks! Well the Seiple is a Seiple blackshoulder peacock. I don't think you can tell it in the peacocks, but Seiple Blackshoulder peahens will have lots of lines on their neck like this one: http://www.boxess.com/connerhills/siepelbs.html

It is always interesting getting unexpected birds like the time I was given three free peachicks instead of one and then you are left thinking about what you will do about space but also you are excited to have more birds!

It is great that you found someone nearby that is also into peafowl. It can be fun talking to other people in the area who own peafowl especially when there are not all the big peafowl breeders nearby. I saw yesterday that the United Peafowl Convention is going to be far away from me yet again...I have yet to be able to make it to one of the big meet ups...
sad.png

Yes it was nice of him and I got two nice birds, I was not planning on getting anymore males, I was thinking about getting a female but I could not hand him the boxes back and say no.

SO how old would you say these two are?

He has a bunch of different types, He has Opal,Purples,Java's,Bronze,whites,Spaldings,IB,BSIB,Seiple BS,Cameo,Peach, then he has these types in Reg Barred Wing and BS and some them are in Pied and Silver Pied.
He also has all types of Pheasants, Some Chickens,Guineas, Turkeys, Rheas,Emus, Black Swans and I am sure there was more.

Last edited:
SO how old would you say these two are?

He has a bunch of different types, He has Opal,Purples,Java's,Bronze,whites,Spaldings,IB,BSIB,Seiple BS,Cameo,Peach, then he has these types in Reg Barred Wing and BS and some them are in Pied and Silver Pied.
He also has all types of Pheasants, Some Chickens,Guineas, Turkeys, Rheas,Emus, Black Swans and I am sure there was more.

The Bronze BS looks like a yearling. The blackshoulder is probably 2 or 3 years old. You are so lucky to have them! And they are so beautiful... I am still looking for any bronze birds and can't find any. So could you send me a PM of this person's contact information? I am interested in his birds.

Blue Creek Let me call him tom, and make sure it is ok to give out his contact info.

Yes they are very nice looking birds and they are some what calm around people at least so far.

Back
Top Bottom