Was gonna sell some pullets but now I think I should keep them.. ;)

CrazyCatNChickenLady

Songster
10 Years
Jan 23, 2010
Berry Creek, Ca
I have 5 1 year old hens, 4 at POL, and 7 9 and 10 week olds. I had 4 of the youngest ones on craigslist, someone claimed them so I took down the add but she never followed through or replyed when I emailed back. I'm putting them back up now but as I'm putting up the pics I'm secong guessing myself.
roll.png
16 'hens' (eventually) wont be that bad, right
wink.png
. same as 12? Then I'm thinking I should just get rid of them now and make room for the next batch
wink.png
lol I was gonna keep 3 of the youneger girls but look at these 4. They're just begging me to keep them!! They're olive egger x olive egger (only 1 with a single comb) and I should keep them to jump start my dark green egger project right?
wink.png
LOL Maybe I'll just keep them and hold off on the next batch.. but can I resist setting the next batch?

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3303.jpg

Yeah maybe there was a reason the girl didn't get them! I already closed out of the add too. I KNEW what all the opinions would be when I posted! Such enablers. Maybe I'll just keep them AND still get the eggs I want.

Oh and did I forget to mention I'm already collecting eggs for a Christmas hatch? I only want a few chicks this time and not the 15 I've hatched the last 2 times. AND the bators full of quail eggs!
hide.gif
And 6 duck eggs "for a friend". Actually really for a friend. Her ducks gor stolen last weekend when she went out of town.
sad.png
So I set some of my eggs because our ducks came in the same order last spring.

My experience is that the majority of people never show up. Nor do they ever call to say they changed their mind. So the ad stays up until I have cash in my hand.

I won't save anything for anybody more than a few hours. If they call and say they are leaving their home, I will hold the item for a reasonable drive time. No more than that.

Back
Top Bottom