Was I Wrong?

Sorry all this happened to you!
hugs.gif
People can be so rude and inconsiderate sometimes!

I think you handled the situation politely and it was very wise to walk away and not get heated yourself. Things could have gotten really ugly if you fought back.

So good job and don't let that lady get you down!
hugs.gif

Thank you everyone for the supportive comments.

I know the owners are getting everything lined up. The one owner is usually really laid back but he has had it with people bad mouthing them and he is going after her. I know they got a copy of the video of her slapping my arm.
I have had customers pat my arms and shoulders before but never with enough force that I can still feel it 20 minutes later.

I am just glad this woman is banned and when her daughter comes in the other clerks wait on her.

Rather funny that the day after this had all happened we were running like crazy because we had so many customers in the store. I know a large number were there to show their support of the store, which was great!

Thank you everyone for the supportive comments.

I know the owners are getting everything lined up. The one owner is usually really laid back but he has had it with people bad mouthing them and he is going after her. I know they got a copy of the video of her slapping my arm.
I have had customers pat my arms and shoulders before but never with enough force that I can still feel it 20 minutes later.

I am just glad this woman is banned and when her daughter comes in the other clerks wait on her.

Rather funny that the day after this had all happened we were running like crazy because we had so many customers in the store. I know a large number were there to show their support of the store, which was great!

Just curious how this all plays out. I know I don't want to buy something someone has had her fingers all over. I hate it when people pull grapes off the bunch or take something from the freezer section then after pushing it around in their cart for a bit, out it back. I always wonder exactly how long it has been out.

Talked with the owner today. He said that even though we can go after her the store does not need any more bad publicity.
He said to think about this though. The next nearest grocery store is over 40 miles from her home in either direction and farther if she goes north. He said look at it as karma because instead of only having to drive 9 miles on bad roads during the winter she now will have to travel much farther. this woman did not grow up driving our bad winter roads so I can see where having to do that will be a real pain for her.

Everything is being kept in a file though; just in case it is needed.

Last edited:
I think your store owner is right...karma can be ruthless. She'll have plenty of time to think about the situation she created while she's driving all those miles to another store.

Back
Top Bottom