Was Not Ready!

Had one more hatch out this afternoon but he doesn't look good. I MAY have helped him out a little even though I knew better. I guess I'll wait and see if he makes it through the night. The other forty are doing great! They are pretty funny to watch. I know the must get tired of me gawking at them

Had one more hatch out this afternoon but he doesn't look good. I MAY have helped him out a little even though I knew better. I guess I'll wait and see if he makes it through the night. The other forty are doing great! They are pretty funny to watch. I know the must get tired of me gawking at them

I hope you have better luck than I have with helped chicks. Every one would have been better off if I hadn't interfered, I just prolonged their suffering. Your results may vary.

I slightly pipped one today to see how it's going...Theres a baby in there but still alot of egg sack. Thought I'd go get a thermometer and test the incubator and it read 2 degrees lower, so I had to calibrate it. I should of did that in the beginning I guess....So almost day 18 at 35.5 degrees (now at 37.5)

I agree. I knew better but I did it anway. He did not look good this morning and if he has not improved by this afternoon I will not let him continue to suffer. I haven't done this in a long time but I did know that it is not recommended to help them out but, he looked so close. In hindsight he was father away from breaking out than I thought. Either way I will have to focus my attention on the 40 that are up and healthy. Thanks for all of the replies.

Back
Top Bottom