Washington State Dep. of Wildlife---AHHHH!! They wont help!!

Everybody has a boss, and I think that it's time that the Big Boys in the OTHER Washington (D.C.) need to know what their state counterparts are doing to NOT protect the citizens who pay their salaries.

Try this: http://www.fws.gov/le/

I
would also try this approach (going up the chain of command) at the office you have already contacted, pointing out which people you've talked to who have been NO help at all.

Betcha that will get the pot boiling....
cool.png

Thank goodness the most dangerous things around here are coyotes and swans... Coyotes, nobody cares about, and swans, only eat seaweed and kill waterfowl and the occasional childPr

Quote:
Its actually not living where its supposed to. Its living far away from where cougars are usually native. I am not trying to come across as rude but cougars aren't really native to a housing development.

Quote:
hu.gif
I was waiting for something like that to come out of the lady's mouth. Next thing will be to not let the kids go out and play. Its summer vacation for goodness sake! They should be able to go out and play without worry. And whats worse is we have a pond in the neighborhood that kids LOVE to hang around looking for frogs. And its right in the greenbelt behind my house where the cougar is wandering around.

I am worried sick about the kids.

It has been my experience that some, not all, government agencies look for reasons not to do their jobs. I'm in a different state and I'll be the first to admit that I don't know how your wildlife department works. BUT, I'm guessing that trapping a cougar is not an easy thing to do. Perhaps the person you talked with was not the most cooperative or caring in the department. My suggestion of contacting your legislators was to cause someone in authority to 'spur' the wildlife department into action for the safety of your neighborhood and the safety of the big cat.

Ibecella sounds like she has dealt with a portion of the dept. that actually does their job; you might find out who she (or he) spoke with. Good luck with this and let us know if you get some results....

Quote:
The suggestion to contact legislators is great. I have actually been considering it and I know JUST who to contact. I took a trip to our state capitol a few years back and know which legislators would help me the most. So I just might do this.

you might also try calling your sheriffs office and ask about nusiance trappers in the area that deal with cougars. here in ohio i am listed with several counties and get calls about various species...some i deal in and some i dont. hopefully this might help. good luck!

Back
Top Bottom