Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Eagle2026

Eagle2026 HIGH FLYER

Mar 10, 2009
    Snohomish, WA.
    Kool, I always hated poking through that membrane anyway,
    Once you get it down.. they don't even bleed.

2. mikeyb

mikeyb Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Rochester, Wa
    wowza, got caught up, finally.
    Refreshed the nest boxes today, started cleaning out the coop. Nice suprise, when I loosened the deep litter it was dry, light and no smell. I was amazed.

My newest roo, Rascal (a black EO) has settled into the flock. Tonight he roosted in the main coop with all the others. He was roosting in the tool side of the coop.

Welcome to the new peeps! [​IMG][​IMG]

3. chickenwings

chickenwings Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Cheney, WA
    They have been on for about 2 weeks now and have definitely curbed the pecking. Hopefully all will be well when they come off. :)

4. Rainwolf

Rainwolf De La Menagerie

Aug 4, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    My Coop
    drat, i had a bunch of multi quotes and they vanished... to tired to re do it all :(

Those that have eggs please pm me a price? date? would love the get local breeder eggs! I don't want to have to order out! :p

5. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Woo, hoo.

Well, i got a nearly dead Silkie, a cokerel with a clubbing foot(Vit B deficiency) and only 1 out of 8 eggs developing under my broody. There were only 7 eggs when I just candled them, she must have eaten one. So I threw a couple of fake eggs under her too and looks like I am gonna have to find me some day olds to put under her. And I got a coop to finish this weekend.

6. sarahkatie

sarahkatie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2013
    Sw Washington
    W
    Welcome!!!!

7. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    She is, just met her the one time but while we were out there she made us feel like Ol' friends. When we had chickens before we picked the up from Del's,Kipperts,and South Bay Feed and they were great. But they the birds we picked up this time we picked up from local breeders. I think that I'm enjoying them even more this time I think it's because we were able to get out and meet people with the same interests. Even the BYC idea came from Debora a very cool lady that was trying to help me with some breed finding challenges last year. She has her farm up and going they are breeding some cool birds berrytanglefarm.com.

8. robj

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. robj

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    CR your badge is in!!!!!!!

10. robj