Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. KMHunter

KMHunter [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Cr

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop

2. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125

3. Slinglings

Slinglings Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2012
    Seattle 98125

4. KMHunter

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop
    Congrats!

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

6. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

7. KMHunter

Jun 12, 2009
    Woodinville,WA
    My Coop

8. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

Yes here it is right from the Greenfire site.

the cream legbar has made the leap to the United States, offering a new array of options for America’s backyard poultry enthusiasts. With its spiky feather crest and its penchant for laying vast quantities of sky-blue eggs, the legbar is sure to get an enthusiastic welcome as the new kid on the block. But, the appeal of these obvious features pales in comparison to the revolutionary practicality cream legbars offer Americans: the ability to produce visually sexable chicks, generation after generation. For these reasons Greenfire Farms is pleased to introduce this remarkable breed to America.

9. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    That's the variety I have, too. It's the most common but I can't remember the name. In some parts of the country it is considered a noxious weed because it spreads so fast! So if anyone is thinking of moving and taking it with you, it would be wise to check that out first. just fyi. I absolutely LOVE the fragrance of these, they're so much like plumeria and gardenia!

I think if you're taking cuttings a month in advance, the best way to "hold" them would be to put a handful of them into a pot of dirt and keep it outside where the rain will keep it wet.

10. CarolynF

CarolynF Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Puget Sound
    My Coop
    CR... yes, that's the one but they seem to be really rare thus $$$$. If you know of a good source let us all know. There is a small breeder in Port Orchard that has a trio and is trying to get them going, but it will be a while yet. And they aren't as pretty as a blue wheaten am.
    Congrats on your 4 year badge, too!

I'm glad you understand. Hatching out little ones would be fun, but.... [​IMG]
    I was at Wilco on Wed. and got to oooh and aaah over theirs. I was in the neighborhood because I'd taken my Mom (age 93) to the doc. She won't usually go into a store unless she really has to. But for BABY CHICKS I was able to convince her! That was a real treat!!!
    When I get desperate again I can go down to the local feed store and listen to all the little chirps and peeps. [​IMG]

That seems to be the issue. It's tough having to cool my jets though. [​IMG] I haven't heard back from Cowgirl Grace yet, but I'd love to go see hers just for the fun and to see her greenhouse.
    Kim, I'm glad you're getting better. Don't rush it, take good care of yourself.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by