Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote:
BYC is acting a little glitchy today.

OK, I'll try to get some started. I'll use a few techniques.

Yes mine is the common one. I got it at a local nursery. Grows incredible fast, but where it's at; doesn't spread. I have to give it several haircuts a year and 1 crew cut each winter.

Russ

btw- I'm also giving the 5 leaf Akebia a crew cut also.

Last edited:
ChristineR
Oh yeah, I have Ancona ducks eggs. They are a dual purpose breed. Kate - remember I told you I would give you some this year when you hatched some for me last year? Let me know if you want some.
Ohh, yeah, I HAD forgotten, and I'd love some, with one caveat. I'm having neck surgery on March 16, so I wonder if it would be possible to have them just before that, so I have a few weeks to recover so I can enjoy the babies? (Do you want any more hatched or are you going "Natural")

Hi All

[COLOR=FFA500]I'd really like to get your help.[/COLOR]  I thought I'd found a source for a Blue Wheaten Ameraucana that would lay a blue egg, not green. But...

So now I'm on the search again.  I contacted Jean (pip

Any reason for the particular age you listed? Seattle Farm Supply gets their Ameraucanas (fancy EEs LOL) from Cackle Hatchery. He's got 3 days old chicks in stock right now.

Unfortunately, those probably won't lay blue eggs. You need to get them from a breeder who is breeding blue egg layers to be sure that you will get blue eggs. So EE's aren't going to be what she wants. :idunno :D

Mine do.

Quote: Unfortunately, those probably won't lay blue eggs. You need to get them from a breeder who is breeding blue egg layers to be sure that you will get blue eggs. So EE's aren't going to be what she wants.
idunno.gif
big_smile.png

Mine do.

You got really lucky! Mine are sometimes closer to torquoise blue than green, then another day, it's more light sage green. Lol!

It's just that it's a gamble and some people want to be assured they will get blue egg layers. I would love one that lays a pink egg.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom