Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Random ?: Is anyone expecting any foals, calves, lambs or kids anytime soon? I would love to witness and/or be a part of it all. And if its foals, my daughter will DEFINITELY want to, have to, life depends on it, gotta be there. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  2. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    my finished duck pen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    oh and in their duck pond i have some bricks so if the water gets down to much they can still get out. I know i stress about weird things.
    and OMG i'm so sore today. I will NEVER get a kennel kit again. If we move i'll pay someone to put it together.

4. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Well, I checked on Lucy and all are well so far. I didn't actually see them all. I guess some could be not doing so well but I'd never know. I'll have to wait until they start coming out for the day to eat and drink since I'm....that's right....NOT INTERFERING!!! [​IMG]

And yes it's taking every fiber of my being not to go outside and pull them each out one by one to make sure they're still alive. [​IMG] haha

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Looks great! How long is each panel? I thought it would be bigger is all....will the ducks be OK in there all the time? I know nothing.

6. TacomaFarms

TacomaFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2012
    Tacoma, WA
    Looks awesome! Congrats! No pain, no gain right?

[​IMG] I'm proud of you Jess, even though I'd be interfering too.

7. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    It's 10ft by 10ft. Their pond is 4ft by 4ft and a foot deep. It's a big pond their duck house same size but 3ft tall.
    I could have done it 5 by 15 but the sunshade for that was $100 and the sunshade for 10 by 10 is only $40 big difference in price. The ducks are loving it though. They go inside their house on top of it, and they are pooping all over. They will be fine in there. I mean yes more room would be nice but they actually have more space per animal then they did when they were in with my chickens.

8. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

9. Sweetlilbaby

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    I'm just glad my niece came to stay this weekend. She was so helpful. Without her I would have never got the kennel done. I'm just happy to have ducks and chickens seperated. and my male duck is so heavy. I almost dropped him a few times moving him. I moved them at night because they are easier to catch when they are sleeping. The chickens are now safe! it's duck mating season. And my drake is somewhere between 15 and 25 lbs. I don't think they are supposed to get that heavy but he is. I know they are a "large meat bird" so maybe he is supposed to get that big.
    I need to build some roosts for them to get up on next. These ducks like to roost. Which will give them more space being used because they'll have something to fly onto.

10. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state

:)

The old cordless phones were like that, too. I was always careful to not say anything I didn't want my neighbor to hear. I heard more than a couple of her conversations while I was on the phone talking to someone else.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by