Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ChickAudie

ChickAudie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    They are day old I'm guessing? But the EEs have a few tiny wing feathers, so I'm really not sure. I hate mobile BYC, I search something and get a bunch of unrelated posts. I dipped thee beaks in their water (which btw, in any of you have ideas about a home-made waterer I would gladly hear them) I have some awesome glass apple jugs, but the hole is so small (twist top bottle almost), it's hard to find anything it would fit into.

So it's pretty much normal they are so sleepy?

2. TurtlePowerTrav

TurtlePowerTrav T.K.'s Farm

Jul 29, 2012
    Oregon City, OR
    My Coop
    Yup. Eat, drink, poop, sleep, repeat

3. ChickAudie

Sep 25, 2012
    [​IMG]

I want to do something with them, just not sure what...?

Here are my babies with the new fluffier, tinier babies :)

[​IMG]

After I tried the paper towel thing (gently! these things are so precious!) I left it alone. If its like a person's it'll fall off on its own.

4. ChickAudie

Sep 25, 2012
    L
    Look at their tiny fluffy little feet!!!! <3!!

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Does a 2L plastic bottle cap screw onto that? If so, you could have some super fancy nipple bottle waterers.

6. ChickAudie

Sep 25, 2012
    More like those giant Mt. Dew cap sizes

7. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    A nipple waterer might work with that...You just drill a hole and shove in the nipple part, fill with water, put cap on, and hang upside down.

8. RainMom

RainMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Hobart, WA
    I HATE that drive- seriously dread coming thru north Seattle, over Lake Union anytime after 2:00 on a Friday. I used to cringe when I didn't have a carpool dummy! I really appreciate living over here by Hwy 18.

We commuted for 2 1/2 years- between Burien/Maple Valley and Tumwater while working on our former house- it was a very, very awful commute from Burien to Tumwater on Friday nights. Bleck!

9. FirewifeJess

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    DH is gone for 6 days and I'm so bored already. I know I need to go to bed, I only got 4 hours of sleep last night and had a very long day, but I don't want to miss any peeps of distress outside! I know...relax.

10. ChickAudie

Sep 25, 2012
    Ya ever run into some people and just wonder? Take for example a very nice couple at the feed store, I'm sure with the best of intentions.

As we were awaitin' fer the lady to get to us so we can get our chicks.......

Random invasive couple- are ya getting chickens?

Us- yup!

Random invasive couple- had you ever had chickens?

Us- pause. me- nope. DF- grew up with 'em

Random invasive couple- you got a coop?

Us- pause. Me- nope, we're going to keep them in the house :hmm DF- well, they've got a really nice coop in the makin'. (shows random invasive couple picture of coop)

Random invasive couple- silence.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by