Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

HELLOOOOOOO!!!!

Hope everyone is well! Sorry I have not been on much, just busy with life. Rainwolf reached me via text saying that Farmin Momma was trying to reach me for eggs, so I just PM'd you!!!
If anybody else wants hatching eggs from me, please let me know! You can PM me or reach me via Facebook at Storybook Farms, but I have started my lists to keep track of who wants what so I can make sure I follow up with you all. They are not laying up a storm yet, but I imagine they will soon. I have BLRW, splash feather footed Marans, Olive Eggers at this time. Maybe later this summer may have some Serama's, bantam cochins and bantam Salmon/blue Salmon Faverolles, but need to hatch some for myself first before I can part with any eggs.

I am also still on the look out to replace my blue/black/splash Ameraucana rooster, if anybody has any leads, please let me know. I had emailed Jean, and haven't heard back. Hoping she had something I might be able to pick up at the Monroe show.

I also have 2 extra gorgeous BLRW roosters looking for new homes, or they will be going in our freezer. They just started crowing, hatched mid november. They are FREE if anybody wants one!

Things here are ok. Trying to come to terms that my oldest DD will be heading off to college at WSU this summer.........this momma bear is gonna miss her!
DH has been having back problems. Went to urgent care with him Monday. His Dr. yesterday. We are leaving here shortly to get an MRI done. I was astounded that they had appt's for that at 6:30 pm on a friday night? So any good thought would be appreciated in that department!

Spent the day running around and missed being out in the sun working in the yard! Waaaaaaaaaaa!
Anyway, that is all that is new here. Will try and come back later tonight or tomorrow and catch up with ya'll!!!!
Tamara

Oh good you got the text... guess you'll get my next one too :) the splash maran's are great need more eggs :D

Oh I so need to go get these! would make awesome and affordable deck rails on my new deck!

I have so much to be grateful for right now!   I get to pick up the new babies as soon as I leave work :love

We finally are looking at property, although we don't really know where that will be right now.  I can't wait to actually have a deed to some land, eventhough I know we won't start building for years, at least I can plant my orchard this year!  My mom kinda bummed me out about my grape-growing plans, she said I would HAVE to be in Eastern WA for them to flourish and not mold.  I have looked and love the Winthrop and Cashmere areas and heard they have some great wine-grape weather :lol:

I guess if anybody has seen anything we are lookin' fer 15-20+ acres of land (raw or not) with a creek or stream.  It would have to be under $50K for us to be able to afford it.  I am not a huge fan of Stevens County and thanks to a BYC friend a ways back, I frequent landwatch.com and landsofwashington.com. 

I bought about 10 starter grape plants all different varieties. After five years I have one, yep one, that has survived. Sadly there has never been any grapes. However, we get a LOT of rain and I think it just drowns them.

I have 1 grape plant that I tend to and the goats try to kill every year. been here since 1950's and I have 2 buckets with started plants I keep as backup in case the goats ever succeed in killing the grape plant. In the 50's a neighbor who brought back grapes from Italy shared his plants with the neighborhood. I think I'm the only one left with the original plants :( hate that we lost the red one but still have the white. Makes awesome jelly! a bit sour for eating but I like them, and makes awesome wine!

Okay, I've officially hit a new personal low: I cried at the deaths of three chicks and their nurse (a hen) in a book. To be fair, it's a very sad part, but still. There is no hope for me.
hit.gif

Hope this works, first try embedding a photo in a forum post. Telecommuting today, managed to get all 5 girls, the Bad German Shep, one of the Corgwyn and the new feeding station we built last weekend (as well as hopefully the last pic of our old deck I ever hope to take, before it is rebuilt)
GORGEOUS German Shepherd! I love them but my husband can't stand them!

Told DH about keeping 4 more chicks instead of just 2 more. He said I'm a chicken hoarder and I need to change my Screen name to "ChickenHoarder" to one up Chicken Rustler! hah!
gig.gif

Okay, I've officially hit a new personal low: I cried at the deaths of three chicks and their nurse (a hen) in a book. To be fair, it's a very sad part, but still. There is no hope for me.
hit.gif
THIS is not your fault. There is not anything at all wrong with you.
You are having a fine CHOCOLATE low. It's obvious that you did not get enough FINE dark chocolate for V day or have not yet ingested enough.
Several more ounces should do the trick.
droolin.gif

Or, if you're a southern gal, you need a bowl of "hoppin john" the perfect comfort food.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom