Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Nifty-Chicken, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Lutefisk

Lutefisk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2013
    i take it Zeus is also a GSD? Are they related? Love GSDs especially the working lines.

The feed station is an experiment, mainly designed to protect the feed from the weather and the dogs (mainly FAT Corgi the younger) and to provide some alternative cover. Now that it's been deployed for a few days there are a few things I'd change. It's only about 25 pounds, super easy to move, but I'm afraid one of our gusty wind storms could blow it across the yard. I'm going to put wheels on one side and attach ballast to prevent the wind from picking it up. Also, the chickens don't much like the PVC pipe floor, though maybe they just need to get used to it since it's not intended as their main roost. I'm going to build something similar as a coop to replace the ark, but will use wooden bars flattened on the top similar to the roost in the ark.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  3. LaughingFeather

LaughingFeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2012
    Kitsap, Washington
    According to my plant bible "Ornamental Plants" by D Dwight Wait. I love this book, it is the best. Here is what he has to say about the honeysuckle.

[​IMG]

4. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Gave Lucy the other Barred Rock. She had no clue it was new to her. Just stood up to let it under her when it walked up to her. The RIR and EE will go out together in a little while. I want to make sure she's doing fine with 6 before I give her 8. And I'm kind of giving her the most stable ones first. The last 2 are still a little weak.

5. FirewifeJess

FirewifeJess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Gallifrey
    Could it be that Lucy doesn't see the difference between the first 2 black chicks she already had, and the 2 new ones I gave her, or do they not have her scent but she just doesn't care because she's that good?

6. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    Anyone thinking of getting the kennel kit instead of kennel panels to save money DON'T!!! I read reviews saying it takes only a half hour. Okay sure it does. maybe a half hour to put the frame up. But it takes 3 hours to get the wire on. we've been working on it since about 5. Tomorrow we will put the sun shade on and put the things on that hold the wire at the top and bottom.
    I am SO thankful for my nieces help. she helped so much. I think she's earned $10.

7. ChristineR

ChristineR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    WA state

My friend gave me hers and I have to agree with you. They are a pain and not even close to being as sturdy and heavy weight as my panel kennels.

8. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish
    I wish I didn't feel the need to save every cute rooster I see. My girls are perfectly happy without one, but I couldn't stop myself from feeling sad about MrRenz's Sussex (assuming he doesn't find a good home). [​IMG]

9. Sweetlilbaby

Sweetlilbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2012
    Tacoma Washington
    yeah i'm feeling ripped off on this. For the price they should set it up for me. I almost got the fedex guy to put it together for me but he saw my ring suddenly had to get back to work. *sigh* Why didn't i take that off and lead him on til the kennel was together. LOL

10. robj

robj Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2012
    Olympia Wa.
    I'm going through that with Tucker he's only taken out two so far but they are the only two that ventured out of the coop. I had to put up a run so they can get to the garden to free range. He's wearing a mote around the garden when we're gone but is fine when we're home. Hopefully I can get him to kick the habit so I can kick the chickens out of my garden.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by