Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I ended 30 years of "chronic bronchitis" by changing my diet.

There's so many gluten free options to choose from now, it's not like 10 years ago when all the GF stuff was horrible. Red Robin has GF buns and fries. Spaghetti Factory has GF noodles, Chipotle has tons of GF options. Garlic Jim's pizza has GF crust. There's so many choices. Udi's buns (which is what they use at Red Robin) has awesome bagels, muffins, buns and breads. Tinkyada/Pasta Joy has amazing rice noodles. If you live in Seattle, the options are endless- you can get GF pizza and pasta- entrees delivered to your door (I am sooo jealous - wish I could get it delivered!). Razzi's Pizza at 85th and Greenwood has a huge 2 page menu of GF options- pasta, grinders, everything- incredible food.
for me just going gluten free would be easy. But they want me to go gluten free, cut out white rice, limit my protein to 4 oz's per meal (eggs, and or meat), no corn (not sure if it has gluten but they said not to eat it), I'm lactose intolerant, and I cannot have lemon, orange, tomato..... When i was fist given all these limits I ate split pea soup for a month every meal because I didn't know what else to eat. It's just so limited.

This is my Blue Roo, a J Giant I received from ChickieLady this past summer.
He has taken the RIR as his own, protects them jealously, but as a Roo goes, he's a very calm bird.
He's One Cool Dude!!
thumbsup.gif

Wow is all I have to say. Just reading a lot of the dietary restrictions so many of you have makes me hungry for some McDonalds or Ding Dongs. I mean, I would like to get to the point where we are growing a lot of our own food in crops and animals for health and real taste. But I am not anywhere near as good as ya'll, I can barely cook stuff out of a box let alone make anything from scratch. When the day comes that I am at the point to harvest food and make something from it, you all will be the first to know cause I will invite everyone over to so me how and what to cook. I commend you all on your healthy eating but I can never cut out junk food, I will just add healthier stuff to our diet.

Today we went and looked at a house! Not just a house but what I hope to be our house, granted it needs a bit of work....ok I lie, it needs a lot of work. It is what I call a messed up jigsaw house. The main/original part of the house was built in 1902! I do not know when the rest was added on but DH says that the original house was about 900sqft, when they added onto the house, it then became and now is...Over 3,000sqft. There are enough bedrooms that all five kids will have their own rooms still but with out us adding onto the place like we would have to with all the other places we have looked. Three entrances into the house (or exits, depends on how you wanna look at it LOL) A posibilety for a kids living room and a parents living room. But not only do the kids have flat screen t.v.s in their rooms (well the ones that have earned one) but I do not want to separate the kids from us just because we are watching t.v. Upstairs is beautiful, you can tell that this is apart of the original home. The kitchen is the most unique that I have ever seen.
Ya'll just let me know if ya wanna see pictures.

You should check out Paleo cookbooks. They do use tomatoes and sometimes lemon, but you could always take those out of the meals. There's no grains, gluten, soy, or dairy with Paleo. That's what we do at home.
sounds interesting. Sucks though cause my husband eats things i can't. I end up having to cook two different meals most of the time. One for me one for him

Back
Top Bottom